Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Wendover

ARM-SPEED CONTROL

Anthony Wendover

How the hell to you get this thing off? lol I have tried a bunch of pullers and i cant get the damn thing to budge. What puller should i try using? Once i get this off i can open the case and order all my parts after i inspect her..

Attached Image

post-3-1224662974.jpg

jerrell

:banghead: Hi Andy, I did not mess with the hydro unit, i cleaned it up real good and painted it, i did use a solution of 1 part diesel with 3 parts of new oil and flush the system using a small motor i had, i threw oil everwhere but i got it cleaned out and put on new filter and oil, i checked the lift cynlinder on both hoses at the extened position and the closed position and had good clean oil so i think i flushed it pretty good. i used the cheap oil to flush because i knew i would throw it away and that the good oil would blend with it.

back to your ? you might try soaking with WD 40 and use a sharp screwdriver to pry up on it. like i said i didn't mess with mine. i am not versed with hydros but will be this winter, i have a hustler 295 and plan on rebuilding the left side motor and the pump, i got a manual and it shows all kinds of O rings and springs in side. i got a friend who works at a hydro shop and he assured me we could rebuild them . takes special o rings, springs, and ball check valves,

why are you taking yours apart,???? jerry

Anthony Wendover

I want to take it apart and replace some things. I don't wanna rebuild the tractor and have the hydro break down or transaxle a month after i think i am done lol.. Rather be safe then sorry and be good for another 20 years.. I'm not sure what to replace though. Should i just get barrings and seals? But i still need to figure out how to get this damn thing off though lol Its been the biggest problem of this whole tear down...