Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Final assembly for the 315-8

nylyon

Gonna start by saying sorry to the dialup folks out there. This is so big it is in 2 parts. Here is part 1 (18.9 MB) and Here is part 2 (19 MB)

This is going to take a long time to download (especially if everyone is doing it at once or you have dialup). Enjoy!

This is the same as was distributed last year at the WHCC show in PA so if you have that you don't need to download this. Mike grabbed me a copy so I thought I would share.

This is a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.

T-Mo

Thanks, Karl. I think I better wait until I'm at work to download it instead of trying to do it here using dial up.

CasualObserver

Oh if only.... to have 5 minutes and deep pockets around Slide #50!! :D

perry

i just down loaded it and it would'nt open. says i dont have the right program. what program do i need?.

perry

ooh doggy look at all those parts :D i could only imagine how much stuff got tossed threw out the years. love to find some of those pics from about 1967.

thats pretty neat, thanks karl.....

sorekiwi

Thats cool, thanks for posting.

Mike

Rollerman

Karl thanks...that was really interesting to follow through. :D

Also sad knowing that was the final run. :(

A friend of mine has one still in it's packing crate & intends to keep it that way.

That basket with the 8" front rims & tires sure looked appealing. :P

kpinnc

ALL OF THOSE TRANSMISSIONS :D

FRAMES! HOODS! PTOS! WHEELS! :P I think I'm gonna cry or throw up....

I couldn't work there. I'd get fired for stealing! :(

Now THAT is the end of an era...

Kevin- drooling over parts...

Jim_M

I want a couple of those cup holders! I've never seen a Wheel Horse with a factory installed cup holder before. It looks like it will bolt right on my 416_H or 520-H.

Anybody have the part # ??

T-Mo

You guys are making want to try downloading these at home using dial-up. As for Mac and powerpoint, I know that Preview can open up a lot of different files. And there are some programs that are compatible with some Microsoft programs. I can open up some excel files using my Mac and Neo Office.

Jim_M

The part # for the cup holder is 104-0838, still available from the dealer @ $10.42 each. Mine are on their way! :D

nylyon

Terry, you're probably right about the Mac, I have a new iMac but it has MS Office on it and it uses that to open the presentation which is why I didn't know about the rest of the products.

Cool to see all them parts huh?

nylyon

BUT Wait, there's more!

That's right, how would you like to see the tooling used to make our fine machines. Now the only comment I'll make on this is the color of the tools, MO Terry, you'll like this one.

Tooling presentation (13.8 MB)

kj4kicks

Just in case you can't get through to Karl's site, I have also uploaded them to my site. THIS LINK will take you to the page, where you can choose part one or part two of the presentation.

Made me sad the first time I saw it...... :D

Eldon.

nylyon

Great idea Eldon, hey don't forget the last one with the tooling in that odd color!

kj4kicks

OK, done. All 3 are available from that same link.

Eldon.

kpinnc

What a shame! :D

Although I am not a fan of the Kohler engines used on the 315-8, I think it's awesome that the last run was just as rugged a machine as was ever made before it. That tranny is an 8 pinion, 1 and 1/th axle. That's as tough as it can get! I think it's safe to say there will never be another one that comes close to a classic Wheel Horse. I hate to see them go, but they went out right!

Anyone notice the palet of engines on the last pic for the 5xi series?

Kevin

Stigian

Cheers for posting these pics Karl, its quite handy that i installed powerpoint yesterday :P

Oh to have that amount of new spares floating about the place :D

T-Mo

Okay, I finally saw the presentation(s). Sad, though, to see the line come to an end. How many here would like to have those parts (and the tooling). Speaking of tooling and those parts, maybe some enterprising soul can buy those from Toro and continue the line. :D

Rollerman

When I watched that 3rd series of pic's, I kinda wondered if any of that tooling may have come from South Bend at the old Ironwood Dr. plant?

I wonder what the employies feelings were to when sending the last of them down the line?

My guess is it wasn't as hard for them as the people who worked the line in South Bend.

Banjo

These are really nice. THANKS!

nylyon

Guys, this is an oldie but I was reminded of it and thought I would bump it to the top....

Cleaverkid

:D

Is it too late to ask Santa for something else??? :ychain:

Merry Christmas everyone!

btrrg1969

Nylyon

That was cool , thanks for sharing . Wheel Horse built a quality tractor till the end. :ychain: