Sign in to follow this  
KC9KAS

GT-14 Woe's

KC9KAS

Had a bad hydraulic hose on the GT-14....the tractor I have my snow-plow on.

Got a new hose made and installed. I figured since I was at it, I would replace the filter, so I did. :woohoo:

After I got fluid in it and warmed up some, I operated the lift(s) to make sure all was well.

The plow didn't raise, so I figured I needed to adjust the lift chain. I grabbed another link and tried it again, and the cylinder moved but not the plow. :banghead:

I looked under the GT and saw that the lift chain was on the floor with a big chunk of steel attached to it.

It broke off of the mid-rockshaft! :no:

Man was that thing hard to get out of the tractor. I have more nuts and bolts off of it now I may never get it put back together!! :tools-wrench:

• Like 3

jeremi3210

Been there I had to replace one of mine I think they started with the rockshaft and built a tractor around it.

• Like 4

Brrly1

Been there done that, times two

KC9KAS

Been there I had to replace one of mine I think they started with the rockshaft and built a tractor around it.

Been there done that, times two

Did you have to remove all the bolts from the right hand side of the tunnel and spread it as well as remove the steering fan gear?

I hope everything goes back in after the thing is welded back together!!

jeremi3210

I took the left side (opposite side of the belt) apart to change mine. A lot of bolts but nothing was welded. I had to remove the fenders, left foot board, and the left side of the tunnel.

KC9KAS

OK, I removed the belt side...6 of one, half dozen of the other.