Pollack Pete

44 in.2 Stage blower Belt Routing

Pollack Pete

Can anyone post a pic of the drive belt routing for a model 06-44sc01 2 stage snow blower.What I really need to see is the small angle bracket that goes behind the spring loaded idler pulley.What direction does that bracket face?Just what does that bracket do?Parts manual calls it a spacer. I broke my belt this morning and bought a temporary 64 in. belt from tractor supply.It seems like the belt is too long.Also tried a 62 in belt.It's too short to fit around all the pulleys.I need help badly with this one.More snow coming.Thanks for any and all info.

gwest_ca

Here is the operator manual

Here is a later one that is better quality - just hope the units are the same

Garry

Kurt-NEPA

Is this the angle bracket you are talking about?

post-13196-0-28435500-1418411639_thumb.j

Its just there to keep the belt on idler pulley.

Let me know how the TSC 64 inch belt works out.  I'm thinking of getting one for my two-stage.

Pollack Pete

OK,just figured this one out.With some help from a few of you guys.I guess I had a Polish moment.Hence the name.I was putting the belt on wrong.I was putting the top of the belt over the spring loaded idler instead of the botton of the belt.The 64 inch belt from tractor supply seems to work fine.How long it will last may be another story.Ya get what ya pay for.It was less than half price of a Toro belt.I do have a genny Toro belt coming from Parts Tree though.Thanks everyone that responded to my post with good info.And Kurt,yes that's the bracket I was referring to.Shows it in the parts books but never mentioned in the owners manual.They call it a spacer.I'd call it a guide.Thanks again.

• Like 1