Austin860

Moral decline

Trouty56

Good observation Bob, Sandra and I have decided we're individualists.  We like anyone who has a :wh: .   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

attachicon.giffartysmile1f.gif    Oops.   :laughing-rolling:

You know something Geno....I believe you are right.  Me being a shy sort most likely follow the beat of my own drum (won't commit)....but that is what makes the world...or forum....go round.... :)

• Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

I think joking Is fun but sometimes it does get carried away. I have seen a couple of post where someone says hey I got one and people have to immediately posts everything they got that week and even I did it to a guy not thinking. But some people might think you are just bragging so I won't be posting any more of my finds for a while.i have this week found two large collections and bought 42 tractors. If you know me you know I love wheel horses and simplicity tractors. And the fact that I can buy what I want when I want for how ever much I want gives me no right to steal a guys thunder. I love my collection. But mine means no more to me than a guy that has a rust bucket his dad used to ride him on so this being said I am going out to start working on tractors instead of talking about them. And to the person and anyone else I did this too thanks for bringing it to my attention and again I truly am sorry for stealing your thunder that was not my intent

• Like 3

Geno

I think its time for Sandra to start her own account. Let her be an individual. We are sick of hearing from her Jester (Geno) :ychain:

Let the real boss of the "  :wh: show " state her own opinions. :ROTF:  

She just said what I say she says.  We think alike.  She did ask me during breakfast yesterday, "So what's going on with As the Wheel Horse Turns".   :eusa-doh:

• Like 3

AJ_Thanatos

I think joking Is fun but sometimes it does get carried away. I have seen a couple of post where someone says hey I got one and people have to immediately posts everything they got that week and even I did it to a guy not thinking. But some people might think you are just bragging so I won't be posting any more of my finds for a while.i have this week found two large collections and bought 42 tractors. If you know me you know I love wheel horses and simplicity tractors. And the fact that I can buy what I want when I want for how ever much I want gives me no right to steal a guys thunder. I love my collection. But mine means no more to me than a guy that has a rust bucket his dad used to ride him on so this being said I am going out to start working on tractors instead of talking about them. And to the person and anyone else I did this too thanks for bringing it to my attention and again I truly am sorry for stealing your thunder that was not my intent

Tim, don't do that... Thats why we are here. We want to know what you find. Thats what keeps us all coming back. Seriously its not your fault that you put the time and effort in to going out and finding that "good deal". We want to see what you have come up with.  I understand the point if your hi-jacking someone's thread. So just make your own, thats what we want!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-offtopic:  Is anyone else's formatting not always working correctly? Ex: the quote box just sowing the text commands and not the graphics or the text command for font colors and not the actually change of colors? Im using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 m

See:

post-13750-0-42455100-1418223129_thumb.j

Edited by AJ_Thanatos
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Well I NEVER! :hilarious:  :text-nocomment:  Anyone that has seen some of my posts will get that> Steve, I'm just following you as my mentor! :text-datsphatyo: I am thinking it was best summed up by Depeche Mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S37NiXl8eJo

Jim, I still can't get my videos to post like yours!

Rob

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 3

JimD

Under the video there are three selections you can choose. Add to, Share, and more.., Click share then copy the link that appears in the box. Or wait till the video ends and copy it when it appears..

• Like 3

km3h

Tim, don't do that... Thats why we are here. We want to know what you find. Thats what keeps us all coming back. Seriously its not your fault that you put the time and effort in to going out and finding that "good deal". We want to see what you have come up with.  I understand the point if your hi-jacking someone's thread. So just make your own, thats what we want!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-offtopic:  Is anyone else's formatting not always working correctly? Ex: the quote box just sowing the text commands and not the graphics or the text command for font colors and not the actually change of colors? Im using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 m

See:

attachicon.gifScreenshot.jpg

I have been having the same problem and thought it might just be a quirk in my system. When the screen goes partially blank, I click the mouse and it fixes it. 

• Like 1

Geno

Mines been doing it for a few days too.  I figured Karl is playing with something to improve the board.  :)

• Like 1

dcrage

I am also not seeing pictures some times?? -- Just started a week or two ago

SousaKerry

This forum is very well laid back and a good group of guys and I can say that without knowing most of you. There are two train forums I belong to that are just ridden with one individual that feels the need to bash, be right about everything or even if if hes not, he will back himself into a corner and just scratch his way out till he researches where he went wrong. Then comes up with a reason why his crap answer was leading to his new conclusion. He has his nose in every post and has fouled the forum for years now. Most long time members have learned to deal with him / ignore him but rarely see any new blood anymore.

Gee I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that of Railfan forums.  Heaven forbid you get one little detail wrong when you post on those forums.  This place is hands down the friendliest forum on the web compared with other topics.

kudzu3

AJ, yes, I've been having that problem for some time now. Sometime it's fine, other times, everything is gray and nothing works but the text. Thanks for asking. :)

• Like 1

JimD

You guys wouldn't have these problems if you'd put down your smartphones and sit in front of your desktop like I do all day. m1737.gif:ROTF:

• Like 1

rmaynard

You guys wouldn't have these problems if you'd put down your smartphones and sit in front of your desktop like I do all day. m1737.gif:ROTF:

What do you mean Jim? I sit at my desktop computer with my smartphone in my hand. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 4

Geno

I don't even have a smartphone Jim.    :teasing-poke:    :laughing-rolling: 

• Like 2

AJ_Thanatos

It doesn't show or anything, I swear...  :teasing-poke:  :ROTF:

Im at my desktop, so there..  :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

km3h

Oh Geno

Your nose is really going to grow on this one. Remember I spent a half day with you. Folks he uses two hands and carries four smart phones. Also has a special phone in the truck. That's how he finds all those tractors. :angry-nono:  :angry-nono:  :angry-nono:

• Like 2

Tim Bergfeld

And this was not meant to throw it out there that I was flaunting my find. It was meant to show that my 42 is no better than the guys 1 that he found. I am happy when anyone finds something that makes them happy and can enjoy doing it. So let's just have fun be adults and if you hurt someone's feeling no matter how silly you think it is say your sorry.

Geno

Oh Geno

Your nose is really going to grow on this one. Remember I spent a half day with you. Folks he uses two hands and carries four smart phones. Also has a special phone in the truck. That's how he finds all those tractors. :angry-nono:  :angry-nono:  :angry-nono:

I don't have a smartphone.   :eusa-doh:   Yes, the Escalade has a built in factory phone and it's own phone number, that's what I use on the road.  I have an old flip phone that I don't even know the number cause I hardly ever turn it on.  It can't even text and I've never texted before.   I'm old you know.    :laughing-rolling:

The people here that have my phone number may not know this but it is a land line.  :)

Edited by Geno

JimD

Ya, pre-paid flip phone for me. No land line anymore. Just learned to text. After two times they say you're an expert. What was this thread about? :scratchead:hijack.gif:ROTF:

• Like 2

Geno

I guess this is the part of the thread where we show how we should act toward everybody here all the time!   :text-woo:

• Like 3

squonk

Bring on the fun! 

Canadianpolicechase_zpstuerfbrg.gif

• Like 4

RMCIII

Ya, pre-paid flip phone for me. No land line anymore. Just learned to text. After two times they say you're an expert. What was this thread about? :scratchead:hijack.gif:ROTF:

Jim - I NEVER learned to txt. I just got a smart phone that has talk to txt. Skipped right over that phase! :woohoo:

• Like 1

JimD

Ok, my apologies for appearing to make light of a serious situation here on this fine forum we enjoy. That is not my intent. This thread hung a left before I made any comments at all. Just trying to help Rob and keep a light tone here. I have done my best to stay out of all this because frankly I've been here too many times before. That being said..

This all started over the price of a seat. After the seat was sold and the thread closed it should have been the end of of the negative comments, regardless of what you thought about the issue.

Then the seller posted a thread about a unique custom tractor he acquired and here came that same element that couldn't let it go and started bashing him again. Then the argument got the thread locked down. Is that helping?

Next it boils over into another thread about hauling help and a transaction between two guys that were doing just what you all want to see here.  Helping each other. Taking that thread off topic did not help.

And now here we are in yet another new thread on the subject, to rehash it one more time, all the while being told what an immoral bunch of louts we are. It must be a daunting responsibility to be the Moral Compass of over ten thousand members. I am surely not up to the task, but I will try my best to live up to your expectations.

See how this whole business got blown out of proportion over the price of a seat? It's all just much ado about nothing in the end. You guys gotta remember to shake the sawdust out of your shorts at the end of the day. I started doing that a couple weeks ago and it's helped me with a couple personality issues. Have a nice evening all. :)

• Like 4

RMCIII

Blond moment #1:

A blonde cop stops blonde motorist and asks for her driving license.

The Motorist scuffles around in her purse and can't find it. She says to the cop, "I must have left it at home officer."

The cop says, "Well, do you have any kind of identification?" The motorist scuffles around in her purse again, and finds a pocket mirror.

She looks at it and says to the cop, "All I have is this picture of myself." The cop says, "Let me see it, then." So the blonde motorist gives the mirror to the blonde cop, who looks at it, and replies, "Well, if I had known you were a police officer, I wouldn't have even pulled you over. You can go now."

• Like 4

dcrage

You guys gotta remember to shake the sawdust out of your shorts at the end of the day. I started doing that a couple weeks ago and it's helped me with a couple personality issues. Have a nice evening all. :)

OK -- Those last couple of lines had me sitting here at work laughing at my computer -- "...sawdust in shorts..." -- Got to remember that one

• Like 3