Austin860

Moral decline

Molon_Labe

This is one great forum for aficionados of these tractors and it would truly be a shame to see it degraded in any way. There are lots of members here that I think of as friends though I have never met them in person, but we share a common interest, a kinship to these old tractors. Lets clean it up and get on with the business of helping out one another and sharing our knowledge.

• Like 4

AJ_Thanatos

I think everyone should sit back relax and throw on some DSOTM...  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Let the world spin in circles, it does it naturally so you don't have too...  :)

Tim Bergfeld

I do have to agree I have seen a couple of crappy remarks made by people when some one does not agree with them. I have just blew it off but I do agree that it should not go on.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Being somewhat paranoid and shy. and a heckler from the back...I just have to ask.  Are you guys talking about me??  I am sorry if I did that to anyone on here.  :)

• Like 9

chazm

Well...we're all a bunch of grown azz men, that say & do what the he!! we want...   :bitch:   so suck it up....  get over it &  :romance-grouphug: ..... :hide:

• Like 9

AJ_Thanatos

...and there it is...    :angry-boxing:

the start of the great decline.    :) 

Well I couldn't resist!  :hilarious:

It was so inviting... I will now wear my "Troll" badge with honor. 

post-13750-0-99767600-1418159179_thumb.j

(we are all friends here see... proof. I bought those drinks!!)

Edited by AJ_Thanatos
  • Like 7

squonk

That bar is practically empty. The Bears must of been playin the Pack!  :)  :)

• Like 8

AMC RULES

See what I mean?   :ychain:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

See what a little humor will do...???  Much better then a bandaid.  :)

• Like 6

Racinbob

Excellent point Steve. I just read through this thread and was at first a bit disappointed at some of the things posted. Then by the time I got to the latest posts I was laughing my butt off. I'll repeat with what many already have said, I'm on a few other forums and there ain't none that compare to this one. That would be in a good way  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 4

Geno

I was excited at the first things posted Bob!  How can you be disappointed when people are trying to make this a better place!    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 5

stevasaurus

I like that picture AJ...that was a great day!!  I would do that again anytime.  :)  I have some strong feelings and I have been guilty of expressing them sometimes here on Red Square.  I don't think there is anything wrong with that.  Discussion is what these forums are about.  The problem comes when someone tries to force their opinion on someone or the group.  I have learned that it is better to sit back and look at what you are posting and what you are trying to do...and does it add to the conversation...do I need to really say this...is it off topic??  Just some questions to ask before you post.  My 2 cents.  :)  Ya know...a little humor does go a long way. 

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 9

Wishin4a416

I belong to quite a few forums and have always noticed this happens as Winter sets in. Must be cabin fever. I can honestly say that I have not noticed it here though. I must have missed the posts in question.

• Like 3

fireman

You'll always be good with me Steve  :thumbs:

• Like 2

km3h

When old winter moves in, the hours of light diminish and most folks enter a mild state of depression without realizing it.

I found this forum because of my lack of knowledge of Wheel Horse Tractors. It has opened a whole new horizon for me. If all I wanted from this forum is information on tractors, then I have found eutopia. But I also found a group of folks that have become my friends and a place to join with them in a common interest. What more can you ask for.

Sure there is bound to be friction once in a while. We all have our likes and dislikes. Every once in a while something said will be taken as offensive by someone. It's bound to happen when so many people with diversive opinions and interest gather together in one place. While we all love these little red machines, Our reasons for buying and selling them are as diversified as the number of machines Wheel Horse manufactured. And guess what? It's nobody's business but the individual concerned.

As for myself, I am a collector. I want to be a restorer and I am learning every day what that means. Being on this forum is like attending Wheel Horse University. Being a collector, gives me an advantage over many others, as no one seems to get fidgety or upset at the collector. The angst enters when someone buys and sells these wonderful machines and appears to be making a profit. Why? If I am able to pick up a nice Wheel Horse for a few hundred dollars and clean it up and then sell it for $2,000, that is between me and the buyer. Why should a member here get angry about it or call me out for making such a large profit for such little effort. I did not hold a gun to the buyers head. If he overpaid, the onus is on him.

As I look back over some of the posts I have made, I find that I have been less tolerant than I should have been, on some matters. I promise to do better in the future. I have been active on several other forums, but after I found Red Square, I lost interest in the others. People there are just not of the quality of those found here. We should all ask ourselves if what we have posted was worthy of being seen by others. If you find something you should not have said, strive to do better the next. I know I will. This forum is too meaningful to me to have it decay into a place where everyone attacks each other.

Thank you all my friends up here, who have contributed to my knowledge of these beautifuly Built in America Machines, and advanced my efforts to keep them alive and well.

You know who you are and I am most appreciative.

• Like 7

leeave96

I've been most busy frying other fish with very little posting and some lurking, but want to add my thoughts to this thread.

I participate in a number of tractor forums and without a doubt, the Redsquare has been the most pleasurable one.  My brethren have always been respectful, cheerful and helpful with posts and questions.  It is breath of fresh air to come to this forum as compared to some others to which I participate.  For me, Wheelhorse is both a hobby and a means to get work done around the house.  Work is work - if it's fun, cool, but regardless, work has to get done.  For me, it ain't a hobby if you poison it with downtalk and mean spirited posts.  There are other forums that have shown me they are so mean, uppity and just no fun that while I lurk, I don't really participate.  It's no fun.

I don't want to volunteer our owner and moderators another chore, but.....

My vote is if a post is offensive or potentially harmful, then it should be deleted ASAP.  IMHO - the criteria for a post should be friendly, helpful, informative and just plain fun.  If there's attitude in it - it should be deleted.

Let's keep this forum the BEST most FRIENDLY most HELPFUL and WELCOMING on the internet!

I will reveal more of my absence over the this month as time allows.  Suffice it to say, I'm up to my ears in more tractor junk and equipment at a time when I was preaching no more...... ;)

BACK TO LURKING!!!!!!!!!

Bill

• Like 3

kudzu3

That bar is practically empty. The Bears must of been playin the Pack!  :)  :)

Would you stay in a bar with those two? :eusa-think:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Silly question...  :hilarious:

have you met this guy? 

• Like 3

refracman

Well crud, Ive been on this here forum for just a bit and it seems this type of thing comes and goes and we've lost some good guys because of it.

I help out where I can sometimes but most times just keep my mouth shut.

I Love wheeling and dealing and consider it part of the hobby overall. Been doing it for years and yes the hunt of the deal is Fun!

Some people don't understand it but that's ok. To each their own.

Just wish people would think more before they post.

And now I'll go back under my rock💤

• Like 4

neil

With over 10000 members here at Redsquare you are occasionally going to hear something that you are not going to agree with or like what is said . this issue crops up every now again , this is not a moral decline of the forum as the general behaviour of this site is outstandinding & if there is any wrong doing here there are excellent moderators here to stamp out any bad issues , that's why this forum is such an successs.

• Like 7

Trouty56

This may be a crazy observation...but this forum is no different than a community....obviously certain people group together...some groups get along with other groups....some people are parts of a couple groups....some people are in all groups (individualists)....others won't commit.....some want to be in a group but aren't there yet.....just like a real community....and friction will happen....

In a real community some would ignore those who irritate you (ignore feature)...... some just laugh it off or accept people for how they are...others get jerked off and argue or post negative stuff....

To me though...we should have a little conflict....jeez...we are human aren't we???  I would not like to walk around with a big grin all the time.....inside we are irritated and one in a while it gets out (like a fart)....and even if I think it may be rude....if it wasn't aimed at me (which I could care less) how do I know what was going on.

Remember...we don't need a mod to close a topic....just don't post any more....

• Like 8

Geno

Good observation Bob, Sandra and I have decided we're individualists.  We like anyone who has a :wh: .   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

post-13404-0-49649800-1418218715.gif    Oops.   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 6

AJ_Thanatos

Good observation Bob, Sandra and I have decided we're individualists.  We like anyone who has a :wh: .   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

attachicon.giffartysmile1f.gif    Oops.   :laughing-rolling:

I think its time for Sandra to start her own account. Let her be an individual. We are sick of hearing from her Jester (Geno) :ychain:

Let the real boss of the "  :wh: show " state her own opinions. :ROTF:  

Edited by AJ_Thanatos
  • Like 3