stevasaurus

COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWLS 2014/2015

squonk

Was it just me that thought Ole Miss's 1/4 back just looked bad yesterday.  I am taking anything away from TCU...they played outstanding.  It just looked like Mississippi's 1/4 back was telegraphing every move he was going to do.  He stood like a statue when handing off the ball.  He stood there and watched the receiver he was going to throw to.  I don't know...he just looked terrible.  :eusa-think:

The TCU / Mississippi game is going to be an excellent example why there has to be more then 4 teams in a Championship play-off.  Let's see what Baylor does against Michigan St...and Ohio St. better bring their "A" game.  :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. :woohoo:

If you said he was "Cutler-esqe you wouldn't have had to type all that and everyone would have understood what you meant!  :)  :)  :)  :ychain:  :ychain:  :ychain:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Does that mean Da BEARS are going to draft that guy???  :ROTF:

• Like 1

brandonozz

I actually felt sorry for the Ol'Miss Q-back - he took a beating.  He didn't have time to do much and was always under pressure and like you said wasn't very good at avoiding the rush.  His O-line sure didn't help him any.  When the "wildcat" Q-back was in he struggled as well and he is fast.

• Like 1

jackhammer

Thanks Steve ,, I am where I deserve to be ,, I had all my picks on a text  :eusa-think: thought about them  .... sat there again - looked again  :scratchead:   and changed a few (5) winners that turned out to be losers .

I played odds that these would be upsets.  Only thing upset is my  feelings..

By the way  

By Squonk  "If you said he was "Cutler-esqe"

I know this member eats , sleeps , and dreams of #6. I got better things to do than that. :)

Best of Luck to all those on the green side of the grass while I'm down here still lookin up. :scared-ghostface:

• Like 2

squonk

Hey you have to "kick em when the're down"! Or stomp on them if the case may be!

Edited by squonk

HorseFixer

Results after 31 December...winning teams...TCU, Boise St., Georgia Tech

Koen was the only guy to pick them all right...nice comeback Koen... :)

17 wins and 10 losses.....Brandonozz

16 wins and 11 losses.....Squonk, Horsefixer

15 wins and 12 losses.....RacinBob

14 wins and 13 losses.....Stevasaurus, JimD, RMCIII

13 wins and 14 losses.....Koen

12 wins and 15 losses.....Brrly1

11 wins and 16 losses.....Jackhammer

Looks like most of us have had a chance to be in the basement this year...Good Luck today Rick...I think it's John's turn.  :ychain:   :)

Sorry I'm Late Steve too Much Capt'n  Last Night!

12312014.jpg

• Like 1

Racinbob

WOW! That was quite a turn of events for Michigan State!

stevasaurus

Yep...3 pretty good games today.  The Big 10 held their own...I think.  The Wisconsin game was a good one to watch also, but what a great game for Michigan St..  :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

BTW...I think Minnesota played a great game also against Missouri...they were in it. :)

Watching the Oregon / Florida St. game.  Is John Deere Oregon's largest sponsor ???  Holy Cow, can't see them guys in the grass...except for their shoes.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Well, not that I am happy abut how SEC has played becasue I had many picks with them, BUT I am happy that they are not dong justice to the SEC Conference. I thought it was supposed to be the toughest conference in College Football.... Does not apprear to be that way in the bowl games.... They sucked worse than the Big 10 last year!

Rob

• Like 4

stevasaurus

I can't believe how much I have missed the "Tomahawk Chop".  Can you tell I am being sarcastic???  I can't believe they allow that stuff in the Rose Bowl.  :)

• Like 4

squonk

I thought I was watching a Braves / A's game

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Racinbob

Not hearing the "Tomahawk Chop" much now Steve. I'm loving this game!!!!!! The 'noles are toast  :banana-tux:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

HorseFixer

Steve put me down for the Ducks

• Like 1

jackhammer

Watching the Oregon / Florida St. game.  Is John Deere Oregon's largest sponsor ???  Holy Cow, can't see them guys in the grass...except for their shoes.  :)

Steve  That's Packers camo

• Like 1

Racinbob

I never thought it would happen but both playoff games went the way I wanted even though it cost me a loss in the pool. Congratulations Ducks and Buckeyes! The class(less) Seminoles done. :happy-jumpeveryone:  The SEC done. :happy-jumpeveryone:  Now.....to pick the champion. Can the Buckeyes stop the Duck offense and play at that pace? :confusion-scratchheadblue: Either way it's going to be a great game.

• Like 3

jackhammer

If they get their heads out of their @$$e$ quick enough and play like they did the second half of yesterdays game  the BIG10 could very possibly take this away from Quacks

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Steve, put me down for the Buckeyes!!!! I'm thinkin', That was one heck of a game. Rob you beat me to it, I was going to ask you How you felt about the sec now??? :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:  Easy now Rob this is a public forum!!! :ychain: :ychain: :laughing-rofl::happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 3

RMCIII

What a game is all I can say about that! First time in 9 years that the SEC will not be in the title game. First time in 10 years that the Bucks took down an SEC team! Ducks vs. Bucks. The last time they met was in the Rose Bowl 2010 with the Bucks upsetting the Ducks 26-17.

So now it goes the team that has not won a title bout since 2002 faces the team that is still looking for its first National Title ever.

Steve - Put me down for THE BIG "O"! Wait, they both are "O"!  :laughing-rofl:  That would be THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. BTW, does anyone remember my rants half way through the season about the Buckeyes potentially making it to the Championship Game! It was one of those times when Iowa lost and I had picked them to win, and I was ranting about how bad the Big 10 looked, but Ohio dominated with their at that time 2nd string QB.

Well, here we are, the B1G has managed to secure a spot for the title. What a season it was for the Bucks. They had one of the most underrated running backs ZEKE and went through 3 QB's. They had a Heisman candidate in the first QB, he gets hurt. Manage to put another QB in Heisman running.. Then he gets hurt/ now we have a QB that has played only 2 games. 1st time for the B1G Conference game, BTW did anyone forget they throttled Wisconsin to secure their controversial 4th placed seed to face Bama for a chance at the title. So now Cardale Jones managed to play just 2 games, but they have been the BIGGEST 2 games of his entire career at OSU! Now he will play for the 3rd time only for the Title Game. How befitting is that!

So, it leaves me with this. Meyers seems to be building the SEC Team of the North. Now with Harbaugh at the helm for Michigan, does he follow suite and build a 2nd SEC style team in the B1G? Time will tell.....

It all boils down to this, IMHO, OSU pulled off an impossible season in style these last 2 games. They shook off a 0-10 record playing against SEC teams! Never putting the cart before the horse, but wanting the B1G to perform like they should, maybe, just maybe this is the start of a CONSISTANT winning team! Or in hopes of a consistent conference that sees the style of what Meyers has done with OSU and will adopt some of that style in their teams! But first thing is first! OSU can take down Oregon by controlling the turn-overs. Had FSU done that, they would be playing OSU in the Title game. So, OSU’s Offense needs to control the front line. The receivers need to hold onto the ball after the catch and Zeke needs to cover that ball when he breaks through into the secondary. Oregon has gotten to where they are off the turn overs their defense creates. OSU needs to put together 1 more game like they did against Wisconsin and Bama and they will have a National Title. :woohoo:  :happy-jumpeveryone:  :angry-soapbox: 

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Rob, I just love how you are short and right to the point.  :ychain:   :)

Steve...put me down for Ohio st....and I still hate the PAC 12.  :bow-blue:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

RESULTS after 01 January...winning teams...Wisconsin, Michigan St., Missouri, Oregon, Ohio St.

Stevasaurus picked all 5 games correctly...and I had 3 Big 10 games...that is a first for me (to pick them right on New Years day)... :)

19 wins and 13 losses...Squonk, Stevasaurus, Brandonozz

18 wins and 14 losses...RacinBob, Horsefixer

16 wins and 16 losses,,,Koen, RMCIII, Brrly1, JimD

13 wins and 19 losses...Jackhammer

Results 1/1/2015

01012015.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Don't forget to pick the Championship Game now...it will be played 12 January.  Ohio St.  vs  Oregon  :)

jackhammer

0hi0 

or

ohB1G

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 1

squonk

Since cents scents Rob's print is so small I have to blow up the print on my I-pad to read it I'm going with the DUCKS!!!!!!!!! :)  :)  :woohoo:  :bow-blue: 588100981avatar_zpskw2kfu10.gif animated-smileys-television-007_zpsxtflj

bitten

.                                           GO BUCKEYES

• Like 1

brandonozz

Well Steve, this time your "perfect 5 for 5" payed off and got you to the top.  Good job.  And once again I'm not upset that I lost ground because the "elite" conference lost again!  If Mark May isn't blowing smoke up the SEC's butt he really doesn't have much to say.

• Like 2