rmaynard

"Haulin' Help" can lead to...

Vinylguy

Be careful Bob. You see what happened to Martin. Lol. Great looking 416

• Like 4

whtractors24

nice machine bob now that you got kind of stuck with it (typical) what are your plans with it to make it a worker!

bmsgaffer

I am so glad you got it!

You do excellent work and take good care of them! I know it is in the best of hands.

:happy-jumpeveryone:

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it, get movin! :teasing-whipblue:  :ychain:

bmsgaffer

nice machine bob now that you got kind of stuck with it (typical) what are your plans with it to make it a worker!

To be clear, I was prepared to have it ALL shipped back here. I offered it to him at a good deal since he treated me VERY well and has been fantastic to work with. :handgestures-thumbupright:

And anyway, all his other machines are so nice he needed something he could do some dirty work with! :bow-blue:

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 4

slammer302

Looks like a anniversary model. Nice score

shallowwatersailor

Nice tractor, Bob. You should adapt the Cyclone Rake to that for piece of mind. It's easy to do.

bmsgaffer

Looks like a anniversary model. Nice score

I believe so. It is a 1996.

rmaynard

I wouldn't say I'm stuck with it. I bought it. That was my decision all the way. I'm not going to do a complete restoration, but I will clean it up and add a few pieces of bling. I'd like to find a front end loader to put on it. I have lots of use for one of those.

• Like 2

Geno

To be clear, I was prepared to have it ALL shipped back here. I offered it to him at a good deal since he treated me VERY well and has been fantastic to work with. :handgestures-thumbupright:

And anyway, all his other machines are so nice he needed something he could do some dirty work with! :bow-blue:

Remember this next time you get ready to call someone a flipper...  :laughing-rolling:

whtractors24

Amen geno well said.

Edited by whtractors24
  • Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Nice job on it Geno.....Wayne

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

:offtopic:
 Sorry. I helped to derail this thread.

squonk

Nice set of weights too. IT"S A KEEPER! :)

KyBlue

Nice addition no matter how you ended up with it :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Wheel-N-It

Super nice tractor you have there Bob! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Martin

Good score there, Bob...... 

im not sure of your opinion of the Onan, but I have no problems with mine. I guess if you've been burnt by something in the past it leaves a sour taste, I think the general consensus is you either love them or hate them.

I am waiting on your opinion of how you feel about this one as time goes on. Im not sure if you've ever owned one of them before but I know you love the Kohlers......

dclarke

Looks like you got a nice tractor there, Bob.  :thumbs:   I'd like to have one of those myself.

AMC RULES

Ahh...I wondered where that tractor ended up...

good to see it ultimately ended well for all involved. 

km3h

That's a great looking tractor. Good to see that it is in the hands of someone who will treat it right. Who cares if someone buys to flip or restore and then sell. You buy it, you get to do what tickles your fancy. I admit I have flipped a lot of tractors over the years, but never a Wheel Horse. I buy them and they are mind forever.

• Like 3

Martin

selling?

oh, I didn't know you could do that.

:confusion-scratchheadblue:  

• Like 3

JimD

Bob that's a very nice 416 you acquired there. I'm sure it will be an even nicer one when you are done with it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :thumbs:

Hodge71

This is a reply to a post Brandon has removed so you guys don't think I'm being repeditive, or think I'm going crazy.   :laughing-rolling:

Flipping is flipping Brandon.   :laughing-rolling:  

Definition from Wiki - Flipping is a term used primarily in the United States to describe purchasing a revenue-generating asset and quickly reselling (or "flipping") it for profit. 

Restoring and reselling is completely different from flipping.  Takes a lot of hard work, time and cash invested to restore and resell.  No one should ever even consider me a flipper when I am doing this -

Before -

attachicon.gif00505_2oxkU22Wu0Z_600x450.jpg

After -

attachicon.gifDSCN8699.JPG

Geno...You're supposed to sell them after you fix them up?  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  I either give them as giftS to family or keep them because I end up sticking more money into them than people are willing to spend. The 416 I did this year and gave to my Dad for his 74th birthday would have had to sell for $1900 for me to make $100. I think you should at least make $100 on something you have 100+ hours into restoring

• Like 4

Geno

We are actually getting this down to a science.  The tractor above was taken from before to after in about 20 hours.  I think once we have the full process down pat we can restore one like that in one 10 hours once we get the paint booth (now storage room) cleaned out, the 400lb hopper on the blaster, and the pressure washing room done (mostly for Winter use).  We pull parts and the sandblasting goes quick, we have step tread material here on hand in 30' rolls, new reflectors or lamps, seat covers, paint, etc.  Everything we need to do one is already here in good quantity.  It definitely helps having all the shop equipment here like racks, air jacks, air tools, bodywork tools PDR tools and plenty of space.  The most important thing that makes it go faster is my little helper!  :) 

These are also not nut + bolt restored, they are all being put back to work.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1