fireman

1979 C-141

fireman

I picked up this 1979 C-141 from the show in Kent back in September. Before I had even left the show I had recouped the money I paid for it plus made $20 by selling the engine which was blown and the seat which was trashed. I dropped in an 8hp pull start Kohler. Had to rebuild the motion control mechanism as it was frozen up and the prior owner had broken the lever off. I ordered a few new pieces from Toro and a used lever from Ebay. Now the motion control works perfectly and the brake pedal moves it to neutral like it should. I wasn't sure of the status of the hydro itself but the guy I got it from said he had owned it for years and it worked fine. When I got it home I pull the transmission dipstick out and the fluid looked like it was just changed with no water present. After putting the 8hp in and rebuilding the motion control I put a temporary gas tank on and fired it up. The tractor drives great and the hydro seems to work fine. The seat thats on it I had laying around. Don't know what I'm gonna do with this thing. I have all the covers and other parts to make it complete. Who knows! Maybe i'll play mad scientist and see what I can come up with!

post-1626-0-91960400-1417978049_thumb.jp

Here is a link to a video of it:

http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/fireman14344/1979%20C-141/1979%20C-141_zpswsebs1kh.mp4

Edited by fireman
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

That's a cool tractor...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

now that you've worked your magic on it Jeff. 

• Like 1

Sparky

Who knows! Maybe i'll play mad scientist and see what I can up with!

Mad scientist.....how fitting  :eusa-whistle:  !!

Mike.......

• Like 2

redhead

I have a 1979 c-141 and like it real well. Had to find another sunstrand and installed it this past fall. works great know

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Looks just fine to me as is! Its a nice one:)

• Like 1

fireman

Looks just fine to me as is! Its a nice one:)

Yeah unfortunately I have a habit of never leaving things well enough! I've the next 4 cold months to figure it out.

• Like 2

GT14

Nice find, C series is great tractor.

Edited by GT14

Jake Kuhn

Nice save there Jeff! :handgestures-thumbup:  I have a 141 8 speed and love it.