JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Lawn Ranger OR B 80 ???? What would you pick?

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, so by chance, luck, fate all mixed in. I fall into a B 80 that had a total restoration done on it. Not just paint. "The works". I am trying to make my deal on it and figure how to get it home. Its real close by,,,,Wisconsin. Lol ...........As I am starting to finalize things. BAM,,,,,,the fella shoots me pics of another tractor he has. A REDONE lawn ranger,,,,with deck. Bonus.........see the B 80 has no deck. Just the tractor.

Now the tough part. Which one to choose? A member here has offered to help me out. And thats super great. BUT, I can only get 1 and ship it home to me.

So the question is, which one? So I ask you fellas to shed some light here for me, which one would you get and why? The B80 is 800 the lawn ranger asking 700, I am guessing that he might take 600.

decisions decisions decisions. Its tough enough to sneak one more in. Lol

So be so kind to help me decide. And a BIG THANK YOU,,,,,

Glenn

• Like 1

RMCIII

Sell 1 of yours and get them both! Probelm solved! :laughing-rofl:

Rob

• Like 1

Shynon

Lawn Ranger is what I would take. Small, takes up less space.

Tom

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Glenn, what tractors do you currently have now that are in running, working condition?

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Decisions, decisions. I cant help Glenn. But Good Luck with your dilemma!

• Like 1

slammer302

I like lawn rangers but if you want a worker go with the B-80 if you want something thing to just play on go for the ranger I have both and love them

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glenn, what tractors do you currently have now that are in running, working condition?

Van, out of my 5 tractors, the only one that doesnt work is the 500 special that I got over Halloween. The other 4 are turn key and run.

The 500 is my winter project. What are you thinking?

Glenn

Decisions, decisions. I cant help Glenn. But Good Luck with your dilemma!

come on Jack, flip a coin for me. Lol

Glenn

Sell 1 of yours and get them both! Probelm solved! :laughing-rofl:

Rob

I cant, I was bit by a horder bug. Lol

Glenn

Lawn Ranger is what I would take. Small, takes up less space.

Tom

point well taken. Thank you.

Glenn

Terry M

Pick the B80, it's the one you should have :) .......um, where in wisconsin is this lawn ranger :hide:

just Kidding, but if it were up to me, I'd grab the lawn ranger!!

:confusion-scratchheadblue:

Edited by Terry M
  • Like 1

octfst

What year is the Lawn Ranger? The older ones are harder to find. B80 is common. unless you want a worker deck don't matter. Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I dont know the year. I was / am trying to post pics. I have my notepad so screwed up from trying to reset it tk get those emoticon things going that I cant believe I can still type kn it.

boy o boy I messed this thing up big time, I went deel deep deep into the settings venue and just started clicking anything that looked good to click. The next step to fix this is my 5lb lump hammer. Lol trust me,,,,that might happen shortly to.

I dont card about the deck or using the tractor to work. Just want another tractor.

Sorry fellas getting no where on this galaxy pad.

Glenn

octfst

If the Lawn Ranger has round fenders that's the one you want. Square ones are common.

KC9KAS

I like lawn rangers but if you want a worker go with the B-80 if you want something thing to just play on go for the ranger I have both and love them

Glenn, this is my thought too.

If you need a worker, the B-80 is the way to go. You will find a deck if needed.

The Lawn Ranger is a cute tractor, AND is capable of working (Lane Ralph will attest to this), but smaller.

I use my B-80 as the "go-to" GT, but would like a Lawn Ranger (older round hood) just because..........

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

The lawn ranger has the round front hood all most identical to my 854 hood. The steering wheel looks to be 3 spokes. Steel. And a few inches up from the steering wheel seems to be a cut out in the hood foe the gas tank. The front of the hood looks almost a twin to the 854. I put pictures of the 854.

Glenn

post-12073-0-38622000-1417973592_thumb.jpost-12073-0-01674700-1417973668_thumb.j

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

post-12073-0-32637700-1417974257.jpeg

Ok. I got a picture of the lawn ranger up. I don't know why it's not clear. ?

That's it. Is that the good model?

Glenn

bean

As easy on the eyes as the early lawn rangers are, id get the b80. It will run with the big boys, and will do anything you throw at it.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

post-12073-0-57946600-1417974625.jpegpost-12073-0-43123100-1417974648.jpegpost-12073-0-17127500-1417974673.jpeg

Fellas. That's the one. Don't know why the pics stink. But good as I can do.

Glenn

Wheel-N-It

Glenn, the big tractors are much more common. The big tractors are the ones to have for working. If you have some bigger worker tractors then I'd suggest picking up the lawn ranger. As a collector its nice to have a little guy around just to remember how the overall playing field was filled back then. I would have a lawn ranger by now but I have two little orange tractors that fill the small tractor gap in my collection. And I may have to get a lawn ranger or something similar to ride around at the big show in years to come. Cant bring an orange tractor there.

• Like 1

octfst

That's not the early one. that's mid 60's

• Like 1

slammer302

Lawn Ranger for sure its cheaper and looks good

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Van, out of my 5 tractors, the only one that doesnt work is the 500 special that I got over Halloween. The other 4 are turn key and run.

The 500 is my winter project. What are you thinking?

Glenn

come on Jack, flip a coin for me. Lol

Glenn

I cant, I was bit by a horder bug. Lol

Glenn

point well taken. Thank you.

Glenn

Ok. Lawn Ranger.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thanks for the feedback guys, all of a sudden, from last night actually. Caught some kind of bug,,,,feel like you know what. Horrible. Will surface back later. No joke,,,feelin horrid.

Need a snooze, wow, whatever hit me quick. Thanks again, your all great top notch fellas. Luv this site. Comraderie.

Glenn

octfst,,,,found out about the round fenders,,,,on rear,,,,,like the 854

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Thanks for the feedback guys, all of a sudden, from last night actually. Caught some kind of bug,,,,feel like you know what. Horrible. Will surface back later. No joke,,,feelin horrid.

Need a snooze, wow, whatever hit me quick. Thanks again, your all great top notch fellas. Luv this site. Comraderie.

Glenn

Wife had that last week Saturday and I had it on Sunday.

Fortunately ours was only a 24 hour "bug" and rest did wonders for us both.

Hope you kick it in the butt today and feel better tomorrow!

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Glenn

The Wife has it now.

• Like 1

octfst

Glad I could help. and yes I was referring to the rear fenders. Still a nice tractor.

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Glenn that would be a tough choice to make between those two. I like 'em both, guess it would come down to whether I wanted a worker or not.

Get to feeling better

• Like 1