bmsgaffer

Starting them early!

bmsgaffer

Found this video from the fall while going through some pictures and thought I would share.

My son and I:

Before you start: Yes, I realize now this was slightly dangerous. I no longer ride him along while doing work; only casual rides for fun.

He loves the tractor so much that he squeals for it every time we pass it and every time we are in the back yard he goes up to the shed and knocks on the door. He will sit on the seat (with no key in it) and play for an hour.

If I take him for a ride he gets a huge smile and then about 10 minutes in starts to fall asleep on my arm! The Kohler thump relaxes him :) If he hears me start the tractor outside he RUNS to the window to watch. Its quite fun!

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 6

Mr. 856

There is something about tractors and little boys. My son is a year and half now and there are 8 or so tractors around the compound. We cant pass one without a big "tractor" from his mouth and like your son will sit on one for as long as your patience will allow. He just loves being on moving things and he is very content sitting between daddy and mommy on the ATV for a afternoon ride.

Have fun and enjoy the times. I am not looking forward to the day my son no longer wants to ride with dad but wants to ride alone. For now I cherish every moment. Thanks for sharing and happy holidays!

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Great video! You are doing the right thing getting him started this early. I rode many a mile sitting in my Grandpa's lap while on his Case tractor. Your son will always have the best of memories from riding with you.

• Like 2

Digger 66

The part that's "dangerous" is you're trying to knock that down with turf tires  :ychain: .

Kids are nearly indestructible ( at least I know my dad thought I was ) .

That little guy will remember that until he's a hundred ! 

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 3

rollingflat

Ditto with what everyone has said, my boy loves riding the horses and gets very upset if daddy goes for a ride with out him!!

• Like 3

Forest Road

I take my kids for a ride every chance I get. My 6 y/o is starting to drive around on his own, under daddy's supervision.

Had a little mishap years ago. No injuries. From that day forward no rides while working the horses.

• Like 2

Geno

Asolutely awesome Brandon!  You're a great dad!  :text-+1:  :text-+1: 

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

The part that's "dangerous" is you're trying to knock that down with turf tires  :ychain: .

You aint kidding! Turf tires and no weights or chains.

That beast leveled that whole pile all by itself anyway! I have a pretty nice yard and i was doing projects all over the yard so I didnt want to run chains and dont have any ags here. The lack of wheel weight was just an oversight. I couldn't believe how well I got lots of dirt spread and leveled with nothing but a tractor and a blade.

Thanks everyone! He is a good kid and I am looking forward to making new :wh: memories!

Live4outdoors

Right on, my daughter sits on my lap ever since a little girl to now 4 1/2 and mows with me plows snow with me she loves every minute, I've rode beside my dad yeah I know lots say how dangerous but not as near dangerous as putting them in a car and driving down the road. Now she loves my ole tractors as much as I do and when I bring them home she loves to sit on them and play on them.

duke

Looks like a lot of fun! You were not "mowing" or anything too deadly! Maybe consider a wide seat or bench seat?

Edited by duke