Geno

Some of my babies are gone...

Geno

Some of my babies are gone...  I will miss them dearly but they are all going to fantastic homes, some of them I will get to see when I'm out and about.  I haven't put them on the board because I want to cover my local area in red first and enjoy actually seeing my babies still working, and also being the one who works on them if they need it.  :)

3 of them left so far this week and prospects for 3 more this week.  The little 68 Lawn Ranger was Sandra's tractor that she's replacing with the 64 Lawn Ranger.  The 68 we sold still had the dealer sticker on it and still had nubs on the original rear :wh:  tires that said Wheel horse on them, the fronts just had the nubs wore off but looked new and said Wheel Horse also.  That tractor hadn't been used hardly at all since new.

post-13404-0-92141500-1417728710_thumb.j

post-13404-0-03714700-1417728754_thumb.j

post-13404-0-59234700-1417728857_thumb.j

post-13404-0-09729400-1417728911_thumb.j

Edited by Geno
  • Like 7

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

C'est la vie,,,,,,,,,dont know what it means. But was compelled to say it. Lol

whoever wrote that song,,,,"baby the rain must fall" ,,,,,sigh,,sigh,,sigh,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT! now you can get more!

Glenn

• Like 3

slammer302

Can't believe you let the lawn ranger go

• Like 1

AMC RULES

HEY...Flipper. 

:teasing-poke: 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

AJ_Thanatos

:no:  Not the Ranger!!!! 

You let the Ranger go!! What has gotten into you Geno!! 

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

I have to force myself to sell a Wheel Horse every so often to keep myself in balance with this hobby. It would be too easy for me to buy way more Wheel Horses than I would ever know what to do with.

• Like 4

squonk

:) animated-smileys-housekeeping-010_zpsbd8 :)

• Like 4

Geno

C'est la vie,,,,,,,,,dont know what it means. But was compelled to say it. Lol

whoever wrote that song,,,,"baby the rain must fall" ,,,,,sigh,,sigh,,sigh,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT! now you can get more!

Glenn

It means that is life.  :)

Sandra likes the new one better and it was hers so...  Gotta keep her happy.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

No Craig I'm not a flipper.  Buying most of them and restoring them, mechanically fixing them, sandblasting, painting them and putting new decals etc, on them to keep them alive I think is the most honorable thing I can do in the name of the :wh: .  I also warranty them.  :handgestures-thumbsup:  

Also, in case everyone forgot, I had 1 horse about 5 months ago.  I now have over 100 tractors and attachments and am in the middle of working on buying 25 more pieces this week alone.  Picked up 5 last Sat with the opportunity to buy 15 more tractors plus attachments.  That's 20 tractors alone in 1 day.  :scared-eek:

Edited by Geno
  • Like 4

546cowboy

Just what did you do in your former life before trying to corner the Midwest market on Wheel Horses? You must have been a Banker or stock broker to accumulate the money for all those tractors. Maybe you won the lottery. :bow-blue:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

Molon_Labe

It brings a tear to my eye. Did you make the new owners sign adoption papers with a repo provision? :laughing-rofl:

• Like 3

Geno

Hey Cowboy.  Working 16 hours a day 6 days a week for 32 years with no vacations and living modestly did it for me.  I woke up when I turned 50...  :eusa-doh:

It brings a tear to my eye. Did you make the new owners sign adoption papers with a repo provision? :laughing-rofl:

I do hate to see them go but I can't keep them all.  It brings more tears like the 5 I bought last Sat and a C105 was already buried on a trailer fill of junk the guy was gonna sell for scrap and was way to much to dig out...  I've got to keep my perspective right - I can't keep them all I but I can sure try to save them all!    :text-woo:   

• Like 2

kudzu3

Gawd, I love that lawn ranger. :sad:

• Like 1

Geno

This is the one that's replacing it.  The new tires + tubes are already here and we'll get started on sandblasting on it next week.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Kinda like the little 64, I think it may be the only one of a kind Lawn Ranger but I could be wrong there...  Plus the fact Sandra really likes it a lot from the little tires to the little headlamps which is always good.  Just found out last night it has a recycler deck on it too.   :)

post-13404-0-66548300-1417750388_thumb.j

• Like 1

slammer302

I like that little ranger too

• Like 1

Tristan Wilson

that's just how life goes some times you cant keep them all or take them to your grave but people will try

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

This is the one that's replacing it.  The new tires + tubes are already here and we'll get started on sandblasting on it next week.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Kinda like the little 64, I think it may be the only one of a kind Lawn Ranger but I could be wrong there...  Plus the fact Sandra really likes it a lot from the little tires to the little headlamps which is always good.  Just found out last night it has a recycler deck on it too.   :)

attachicon.gifDSCN8513.JPG

Gotta' keep the gals happy Geno. Nice replacement!

• Like 2

Ken B

I think what you are doing is prettyl cool Geno and in fact a pretty good idea. Looks like you are the only Wheel Horse dealer still in business, with a warranty to boot! 

• Like 3

Geno

Thanks Ken and all.  :handgestures-thumbsup:   After being in this for 5 months I think that is what my mission has become.  These tractors must be saved and the :wh:  brand as it was should continue.  I guess what I will become is not only a collector as over a dozen of them and many attachments are not for sale, but also an "old" Wheel Horse dealer complete with sales, service, and warranty.  :)

Thanks Ken for helping me see what my true  :wh:  mission is.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 4

kudzu3

:bow-blue:

• Like 1

546cowboy

Well Geno you've got some work to do on that little tractor and the first thing I would do would be to get rid of that monstrosity back rest. I'm sure you can find an original which was about a third that size.

Working that many hours for that long, it's a wonder you aren't dead! I'll tell you what though you have the addiction bad, seems every day when I come to the forum you bought 4 or 5 more. I would have never thought there were that many down your way. You are on a pace to corner the market on Wheel Horses in another couple years, at least in the middle of the country. Actually I think you already have!

With all those tractors you are still working 16 hrs. a day and 7 days a week man you better slow down because if you think 50 is tough wait till you hit 60. :ychain::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

Geno

The big backrest is kinda ugly isn't it.    :scared-eek: 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yes it is.

• Like 2

slammer302

It is tacky but I would probably keep it

• Like 1

Tankman

You sometimes need to make room and, knowing Geno from the forums, we can all be sure the old Horses went to good homes.

Keep taps on the Stallions, in our old age we need love and carrots too!   :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 3

km3h

I am glad I caan't buy any more right now. There are a lot for sale around here and I just can't make myself sell anything. Of course if I had the room you ahve there then I would be buying everything in site.

• Like 1