Sign in to follow this  
hudog

Raider 10 high/low range selector

hudog

Hello:

I picked up a Raider 10 this weekend and just got it home. I'm a bit stumped as it's got the '6 speed' and 'high/low' decals, but it only has the 1 shift lever with the H-pattern for 3 forward and 1 reverse speed. I don't see any sort of high/low range selector lever.

Has anyone encountered this before?

thanks,

George

TT

There should be a small shaft sticking straight up through the top of the transmission, just behind and to the right (when sitting on the seat) of the main shifter. The range selector "shifter" then attaches to the shaft with a roll pin.

It's possible that the 6 speed was damaged and has been replaced by a three speed transmission. :banghead:

hudog

Terry:

Thanks for the input. The hi/lo isn't there, so like you said, I suspect at some point in this tractor's history, the transmission got swapped out.

I bought this Raider based on couple of .jpg's without seeing it in person. It's in great running condition, but definitely not 'showroom fresh'.... but I couldn't pass this one up based on what I paid for it. I'm amazed at how much power there is with the 10 HP Kohler and manual transmission.

thanks again,

George

Michael Bullington

if im not mistaken in 69 and 70 the raider 10 came with the 4 speed transmission,, thats what the toro specs call for anyway...someone chime in if this is wrong...but I believe your tranny may be correct

linen beige

if im not mistaken in 69 and 70 the raider 10 came with the 4 speed transmission,, thats what the toro specs call for anyway...someone chime in if this is wrong...but I believe your tranny may be correct

That's kinda what I was thinkin'. :USA:

It's easier to slap on a decal than it is to change a tranny. :banghead:

CasualObserver

Both the 4 speed and the 6/8 (whatever) speed were options.

1-6041 (1970 Raider 10) had a 5071, 4-speed uni-drive

1-6051 (1970 Raider 10) had a 5073, 8-speed uni-drive.

TT

Both the 4 speed and the 6/8 (whatever) speed were options.

1-6041 (1970 Raider 10) had a 5071, 4-speed uni-drive

1-6051 (1970 Raider 10) had a 5073, 8-speed uni-drive.

If you got that info from Toro, it's wrong. (hard to believe, huh?)

I have had two 1969 Raider 10 6 speeds (1-6041 with the old hood) and my "puller" is a 1970 Raider 10 6 speed. (1-6051 with the C series style hood) If you look at the MPV, they don't even list a 1969 Raider 10. :wtf:

CasualObserver

If you got that info from Toro, it's wrong. (hard to believe, huh?)

I have had two 1969 Raider 10 6 speeds (1-6041 with the old hood) and my "puller" is a 1970 Raider 10 6 speed. (1-6051 with the C series style hood) If you look at the MPV, they don't even list a 1969 Raider 10. :wtf:

I took that from the excel spreadsheet of all wheel horse models. Wouldn't be the first time there's an error on there, but for the most part, it's petty accurate.

Michael Bullington

yes all the information on that spreadsheet came from the TORO 1999 Help Book It list all the model numbers by year. It was gave to me by an ole wheel horse dealer who now is toro.

By the way I was the original creator of that spread sheet and it got copied from my website over and over ,,,someone actually gets part 2 credit for the sheet because the origianal sheet I done stopped at 1984..I still have that ole file on my computer.

Michael