clueless

The Elusive 18 HP Kohler OHC

TT

Yes sir Terry,

Doing well, I did sale the F-450 though. I got a little smaller one now. A 150 king ranch. Did you ever get your solid axle swap finished?

I got it under the truck and almost done, but haven't got the engine & transmission back in it yet.

It's on the back burner again until spring. :handgestures-thumbup:

case442

That is great Terry. I hear ya there not doing much outside myself either. I did pickup this toy not sure if I told you about it when we were out.

post-1240-0-61116300-1418175989_thumb.jp

• Like 1

RMCIII

Mike - I was wondering about that little gem!  I saw a glimps of the front end in another photo you had posted..... I had a 73 - Pro Street I built. It was crazy the amount of money I duped into that car. Then got tired of the car and sold it for pennies on the dollars.

Rob

case442

Hi Rob,

Yes sir this is my money robber!! Not really I can't afford to spend too much on it. It was a family friends since new in 1971. He made it a racecar from new and put it on the street for a short time in the 2001 then back to the track. It has 9800 miles on it. The nicest part is it still retains the original floor pan. The frame rails are bolted to the cage and could be restored to original very easily. It's a original Z/28. Unfortunately the original drive drain was broken and or sold over the years. Here is a good one for you. The rear end is a Dana 60 out of a GTX he told me he paid 40.00 for it when he broke the 12 bolt in 1974. I could go on and on but I know this isn't the place, Sorry.

Take care

Mike

• Like 1

RMCIII

I'll mention just 1 thing..... I always did like the guys who would say, yeah my car has 500hp. I'd say really, go ahead then and take mine for a drive. Course I would make sure I was in the passenger seat. I would instruct them on how to get the best launch using the trans brake and line locks. When they both were released at the right time, the car would carry the dront end about 40 ft. I wish I had a camera with me each time I did that. I never had 1 individual that did not walk away with hands shaking and a comment of WOW< mine does not do that! I'd ask them, are you sure your motor is putting out a true 500hp?

Rob

case442

I hear ya there. Mine is just a little baby. It's only for some R&R after work. I don't want work at the R&R also. Pump gas small block with an M21

Mike

• Like 1

Ken B

I hear ya there. Mine is just a little baby. It's only for some R&R after work. I don't want work at the R&R also. Pump gas small block with an M21

Mike

There ain't nothing wrong with that drive train in your Camaro. Having the original drive train would be nice but then you probably wouldn't want to drive your car as much. I had a 69 SS Chevelle with an HONEST 600 hp before you hit the NOS button. Pulled that motor in favor of a streetable Big Block and put the M-22 4-speed back in with 4.11 gears. I could now drive that car any time I wanted, (not so much on the highway) but if it was sunny out I drove it. Mama even took it out every once in a while... Have fun with that Camaro, its one sweet ride!

case442

Thanks Ken,

I heard too many times the same story about too much engine for the street and it was no fun to drive. I just want to enjoy it. Hopefully as much as my GT's

Mike