Ken B

The 420 LSE

Martin

from what i can find out, Dupont sold the line and a company called Cyclo is still producing it. sold in a slightly different container, but supposedly (through a few old car restoration forum members) is the same stuff.....

supposedly Carquest carry it. i had never heard of this product before, always used some different 3M products back home (expensive). since I've been here I've been reasonably happy with Mothers and Meguiars products, but i will hunt this down and try it out......

http://www.cyclo.com/01110.html

post-4321-0-24271400-1418572589_thumb.pn

Edited by Martin

woodchuckfarmer

That's good stuff, I used back in the day it was Dupont#7

Wheelhorse84

Was that the one in centerville?

Ken B

Was that the one in centerville?

I have no idea... But if there was one for sale in Centerville then this was probably it? 

Ken B

This past weekend my brother JimmyZ (Dave) was up to my house. I had thought that the 420 seemed pretty fast and it just so happened that he had recently down loaded this fancy new GPS APP onto his new fancy smancy phone. As it turns out the 420 does at least 8.5 mph. A stock 417 is supposed to be roughly 5.6 I believe. Reverse is roughly 3.5 which does seem normal. Do any other 420 owners feel this is normal? Maybe they did some mods to the Eaton 1100 to make it a little speedier like they wound up doing on the 520 HC? Don't get me wrong, mo faster is mo better...

Cable

The plaque on the hood only has the original owners name on it. The tag on the fender is hard too read from sun fade. It looks like the last three numbers on it are 022 but I can't be sure, Tomm I will look at it with a magnifying glass. My plans are to bring it to the BIG SHOW.

My 420LSE has no serial number on the hood plaque either.  The fender tag is barely legible but I was able to make a photo of it before sunlight finished it off. 

stevebo

Ken-

Maybe a little race against the 520HC is in order this summer :scratchead:

520HC

Ken- according to my op manual for mine ,top speed should be 7 mph. My parts and service manual shows the 420 and 417 have the very same transmission part number.  So given that with 12" wheels on both of them speed should be the same. So maybe yours has been modified.

stevebo

Ken- according to my op manual for mine ,top speed should be 7 mph. My parts and service manual shows the 420 and 417 have the very same transmission part number.  So given that with 12" wheels on both of them speed should be the same. So maybe yours has been modified.

I "wonder" who may have done that? :ychain: First thing Ken probably did was make it faster and then made it look very clean. He has a habit of doing those sorts of things, The last few times I was on the lake with him in our old Crestliner boats all I would see was his wake as I was chasing him the entire day. Same boat, same engines :scratchead:

GT14

Super nice as is. Chrome looks great.  :woohoo: 

VinsRJ

Very nice machine Ken... it's mazing what a little polish can do! Just ask my brother... the polish King.

Edited by VinsRJ

Ken B

I "wonder" who may have done that? :ychain: First thing Ken probably did was make it faster and then made it look very clean. He has a habit of doing those sorts of things, The last few times I was on the lake with him in our old Crestliner boats all I would see was his wake as I was chasing him the entire day. Same boat, same engines :scratchead:

Different Captains Steve... Maybe I can see the wind... I also can't give away all of my secret's.  :icecream:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

from what i can find out, Dupont sold the line and a company called Cyclo is still producing it. sold in a slightly different container, but supposedly (through a few old car restoration forum members) is the same stuff.....

supposedly Carquest carry it. i had never heard of this product before, always used some different 3M products back home (expensive). since I've been here I've been reasonably happy with Mothers and Meguiars products, but i will hunt this down and try it out......

http://www.cyclo.com/01110.html

attachicon.gif300x500_01110.png

Martin, the dupont #7 product I am talking about is for "chrome only". I dont know about that product. The old dupont #7 did some cleanup on chrome.

Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ken, i just did a quick google on the no.7 chrome polish. True value has it for $4.50,,,,,,and some other place has it. Even in the old metal bottle with the plastic top. Probably like the bottle you have. Ok, mystery solved. I know where to get it once again. Stock up. Sorry i couldnt copy the product picture, but putting "chrome" polish was the key.

Glenn

squonk

Dupont's line was was all No.7. They had the car polish, rubbing compound, and the chrome polish. I used them all on my 61 Millennium Falcon

post-2380-0-43368600-1419025583.jpg

• Like 4

Ken B

Yikes!! The seat on my 420 wasn't in the greatest shape by any stretch. The leather was totally dried out and cracked everywhere and in a few places there were piece's missing. The leather on these seats are of mediocre quality to begin with and if they aren't maintained forget about them lasting.. Mine will now have the best leather on it that money can buy I can guarantee you that. I work for a high end leather company that only sells the finest leather in the world. I think Steve can vouch for that. Pics of finished product tomm...

DSCN2454_zps1ee30ccb.jpg

DSCN2455_zpsc0021891.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 1

Sparky

Pics of finished product tomm...

I hate waiting... :disgust:

Mike..........

• Like 1

stevebo

That leather is real nice .... I know that between the leather you have and the craftsman doing the seat it cannot be anything but right!

AMC RULES

I hate waiting... :disgust:

Mike..........

Ditto what #2 said. 

• Like 1

Sparky

Absolutely perfect!

Mike..........

formariz

Absolutely awsome looking. Great job on that seat. I can't wait anymore Ken. Where are we going to meet for this one?

• Like 1

fireman

That thing is SWEEEET!!! Ken. Seat came out awesome!

squonk

:)  :thumbs:  :)  :thumbs:  :bow-blue:  :)

dclarke

Amazing work on the seat, Ken! The 420 looks better and better every time you post a pic. :thumbs: