Ken B

The 420 LSE

19richie66

Looks pretty dang nice to me. I would leave that one a survivor.

• Like 1

Martin

Ken, that 420 cleaned up well in the pics. i know its a different story in person and pics can disguise a lot of things, but i think you have a very nice looking tractor there. its a shame that it was let go in the past, but i think you have done well and like you said the mechanicals have been looked after somewhat. i would leave it as a survivor, that chrome redo alone would have you putting major cash into a restore. 

I'm sure there are a bunch of 'small' details you still want to sort out.

as a matter of interest, what method did you use on the chrome to clean it up?

Ken B

I used lots of aluminum foil and in some spots I had to use ultra fine steel wool in extra soapy water. I then put a coat of wax on the chrome.. Nothing got scratched...

• Like 3

Sparky

Did you get the mowing deck? Didn't the deck have chrome wheels?? And maybe the mule drive was chrome?

Mike...........

Wishin4a416

Beautiful Ken! It looks good enough to leave as is.

• Like 1

Cable

Your 420 is gorgeous. My recommendation would be to leave it as a survivor.  You have done an excellent job cleaning it up.  I hope you can bring it to the WHCC show as I sure would like to see it.

What is the serial number?

Ken B

Did you get the mowing deck? Didn't the deck have chrome wheels?? And maybe the mule drive was chrome?

Mike...........

I did get the mower deck, its in real nice condition. It does have the chrome mule drive and ONE chrome deck wheel. one must have been replaced..Like a FOOL I sold a mower deck to someone here on Redsquare with two CHROME mower deck wheels.. FOOL! I can't remember who the person was but I'll GLADLY buy them two new deck wheels should they see this thread...

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ken. You allways do a superb job. No matter what route you choose it will be right for you. Keep us posted.

Glenn

AMC RULES

Chrome cleaned up nicely Ken.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

woodchuckfarmer

Good clean up on it ,looks almost new. Nice save.

PaulC

Ken u have that thing looking a ton better in no time kudos man!! It's a really cool tractor

Jake Kuhn

Looks great after the clean up ken! Nice work!  :handgestures-thumbup:

Ken B

Your 420 is gorgeous. My recommendation would be to leave it as a survivor.  You have done an excellent job cleaning it up.  I hope you can bring it to the WHCC show as I sure would like to see it.

What is the serial number?

The plaque on the hood only has the original owners name on it. The tag on the fender is hard too read from sun fade. It looks like the last three numbers on it are 022 but I can't be sure, Tomm I will look at it with a magnifying glass. My plans are to bring it to the BIG SHOW.

• Like 1

fireman

That looks sweet Ken! Put me first in line if you decide to sell or trade it!!!

• Like 1

stevebo

Jeff calling "dibs"....  If he should pass I want to be second....  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Yep, thats a good one to have Ken! The big leather seat looks really comfortable too. Enjoy this one, I know I would :)

Ken B

Jeff calling "dibs"....  If he should pass I want to be second....  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

I have yearned for a 420 for a long time, this is the tractor I keep along with a few others on the NFS list..In a roundabout way all of my recent Block Buster deals led up to this one... Who knew? :icecream:

• Like 2

buckrancher

looks good Ken you can take all the time you need to have some parts re-chromed  there's no hurry

Brian

stevebo

You have to have the chips to play poker.... You had the chips and were willing to go all in!  You are the right guy for that pimp daddy ride. I can see you now at the big show with the hat on and a freshly lit cigar cruising through the vendor sections. Life is good for you pal. I am real happy you ended up with that one. I am pretty sure that one will not be up for sale anytime soon.  :naughty: 

KyBlue

Those are so nice .... looks like you have a outstanding tractor and It's in a great home ... with somebody who'll take care of it!

fireman

I have yearned for a 420 for a long time, this is the tractor I keep along with a few others on the NFS list..In a roundabout way all of my recent Block Buster deals led up to this one... Who knew? :icecream:

I think I may of heard this before. Heck I even have said it, specially about my Senior. But we all know how that goes. Here today, gone tomorrow. I still want first crack at it!

Irv

Glad you got the "one" you've been waiting for Ken. You only go around once, might as well enjoy. I almost got one a couple years ago. A guy was going to trade it in on a Deere where a friend of mine is the service manager, but changed his mind at the last minute. Good luck with your "early Christmas present"

JimmyZ

Hey Bro leave it as a survivor. It'll be much easier on the wallet.  I'm glad the 417 you traded me for provided a path to the 420 LSE. Now if I can only get that 417 back!

• Like 3

Terry M

I agree with the others, Looks really nice just the way it is :handgestures-thumbupright: .