jeremi3210

7-1321 side sickle wobble box

jeremi3210

Hello I just picked up a 7-1231 side sickle bar and I want to go thru the wobble box. Anybody else worked on one of these? Everything move free, the input pulley has a lot of in and out play, don't know if that's normal. Also has quite a bit of play where it connects to the knife section. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

c-series don

I have one picked it up broken. The yoke inside the wobble box was broken, so i welded it back together. It's a pretty crazy design but it works. I don't remember if you can take up the play on the input pulley though. I am going to take it back apart soon to reseal it and will see about shaft play at that time and let you know.

Trouty56

I have an older model and there is no noticeable play in those areas.....I have not had it open to check the areas that would cause it though.....

jeremi3210

I did figure it out. Inside are some bronze bushing the one the yoke went into was worn bad. I found all the parts at McMaster carr. Put it back together and everything is nice and snug. Now I have to figure out how to repair the key way in the input shaft because it's badly worn. Thinking about filling it out to a 1/4 inch key.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Let's see some picures of that before you put it back together.

Edited by oliver2-44

jeremi3210

Sorry oliver2-44 I've already put it together.

buckrancher

Let's see some picures of that before you put it back together.

post-591-0-08812000-1419080838_thumb.jpg

Brian

• Like 2