davem

I found a 42 inch plow with the chains and rear wheel weights on craigslist , now I ask this guy if he had a model no or something that I could look it up to see if will work on my 1056, he replied the only thing I can tell you is it came off a c series and it should fit a long frame tractor . now to my knowledge the 1056 is a long frame so I ask you will this fit my tractor don"t want to buy it and get stuck with something I can't use thanks dave

ottonator

I purchased a 1056 with a blade and moved the blade to my 1974 C-160 auto without an issue.  You “should†be able to go the other way.  Without a model number or picture, it’s difficult to provide an answer.

If you decide to purchase it off of CL, make sure you get the long lift bar and the bracket for the rear axle  If you don’t, the arm will run you another $25, and the rear brackets about $75.  

davem

thank you for that info. from what I can see in his listing it comes with everything chains, lift bar, wheel weights, and the bracket that hooks to the transmission ,. I wish that I could forward you the photo from the add he has posted but I don't know how to do that. thanks again for the info

ottonator

just post a link to the CL listing

bmsgaffer

just post a link to the CL listing

PM it, not allowed to post CL listings publicly.

the wheel weights and chains might not work, doesnt the 10xx series have 15" rear wheels? Im not real familiar with them but I thought that to be the case.

ottonator

It looks like it could have come off of a C series.  The lift link in the middle is the short lift link, so you will need to purchase the longer lift link.  I can see the model number on the short cross support.  Ask the guy to take a look at the model number.  If he provides you with the number, there’s a interchangeability spreadsheet on this website somewhere to confirm it will fit before you buy. 

Not at home, so I can’t run out and check the size.  Just sell the wheel weights if they don’t fit. 

Look for the 1056 Parts List in the “Manuals†section of this website for the model number and size of the weights. 

ottonator

Here's some past topics that will give you an idea of the long lift bar, part number 7706.

Tankman

Looks like the blade set is complete. Should work and setup easily enough.

Now...........get plowin'!   :laughing-rofl: