wheelhorse314-8-93

kholer magnum 14 carburetor problem

wheelhorse314-8-93

I have a 93 wheel horse 314-8 and i had it running a while back but i noticed it was running rich. I started playing with the adjustment screws on the carb but it still ran the same so i then removed it and cleaned it out and put it back on. After putting on the carburetor i started it up and it ran fine for a few minutes but it started running rich again to the point when the engine was at full throttle it put putted as if it was idling and then i noticed fuel pouring out of the front of the fuel filter i removed the carburetor and broke it down and checked all kinds of diagrams and everything seems to be in order but i put it back on again and it does the same thing runs good for a bit and then pours out fuel.

Fordiesel69

Blow in the fuel inlet, and hold up on the float, it may be leaking.

Also check the valves, a leaky intake or a too loose exhaust will cuase backpressure out the carb venture.

Are you running an electric fuel pump, if so, they are too stong for these carbs.

wheelhorse314-8-93

I've been toying with all sorts of things on the tractor I still have the same issues where it runs fine for a few minutes then runs ritch and spits fuel out until it chokes itself out the adjustments aren't doing anything I've had the head off and nothing appears to be wrong I've checked the fuel pump and that works fine it's the stock mechanical pump I believe this is a carb issue to my knowledge Koehler used different carbs on the single cylinder  magnum and I have a walbro carb the tractor is all original from 94.

Fordiesel69

Magnums can suffer at times from a sticky valve guide when hot.  Run engine against gov, and when it is hardly running, and spits fuel, rip head off and see if they are free.

buckrancher

check your float it may have a pin hole take it out and shake it and see if any gas is inside it also check float height with carb off and upside down should be level with carb body

Brian

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Was thinking hole in the float also. Dunk it in some water for awhile and see if it sinks or floats. I usually put a bolt on top of it or something. Than after awhile, I remove the bolt. If it floats, its good, if not , its leaking. Also, for the cost, buy a needle and seat.

Kyle

wheelhorse314-8-93

So I had the float in a bowl of water and I put a nut on top to keep it down like you guys said to do it had it in over night and I removed the bolt not long ago and it floated right up soothe float is fine I put it back on the carb and held up on it and blew into it and the need
e was seating properly no air could get through the next step is to take off the head and check the valve guides but I need to wait to get it to a friends house in the mean time what else should I check on the carb thanks for all the advice so far.