callum12

techcumseh, TVXL220 carb ready to start

callum12

Hi all,

just repaired the float on my A-800, shouldn't flood now. I have also stripped and cleaned both needle valves following a youtube video. upon reassembly he said to turn the idle screw all the way in then back out 2.5 turns, it should now start ready to be tuned. he didn't explain how to set the main jet on the bottom of the float bowl. does anyone know how many turns to back the screw out once its been fully tightened?

also, what does the upper most screw do? it seems to only adjust the 'resting' position of the throttle butterfly. is this how you adjust the idle speed?

thanks,

Callum

Jparkes43

Hi all,

just repaired the float on my A-800, shouldn't flood now. I have also stripped and cleaned both needle valves following a youtube video. upon reassembly he said to turn the idle screw all the way in then back out 2.5 turns, it should now start ready to be tuned. he didn't explain how to set the main jet on the bottom of the float bowl. does anyone know how many turns to back the screw out once its been fully tightened?

also, what does the upper most screw do? it seems to only adjust the 'resting' position of the throttle butterfly. is this how you adjust the idle speed?

thanks,

Callum

i think the bottom float screw is to drain the float bowl just tighten it gully i'm sure someone will conform this, and the top screw is the idle speed set it when it is running to how you like it.

hope this helps

james

meadowfield

I think the bottom one is the main jet, the one in the side idle. If start with 2-1/2 turns on each.

callum12

thanks all,

i'll set it to 2.5 turns on each.

I know some carbs do have a drain screw (they call it a 'purge valve' i think) as well as the mixture screw. mine only has the mixture screw.

any one know what the upper most spring loaded screw does?

thanks

Jparkes43

thanks all,

i'll set it to 2.5 turns on each.

I know some carbs do have a drain screw (they call it a 'purge valve' i think) as well as the mixture screw. mine only has the mixture screw.

any one know what the upper most spring loaded screw does?

thanks

upper most screw is the idle speed. i think i mentioned it in my original post but there you go again. turn it in to increase idle speed and turn out to decrease idle speed

james

• Like 1

callum12

sorry, i read your post then replied quite a bit later! must forgot,

thank you

• Like 1