Sign in to follow this  
RMCIII

Interior Detail Tips

RMCIII

After yesterday's detail job, I did on the Tahoe, I thought I would share a tip I found out.... So the nice tan carpet, had some stains, from my wife. I asked where the carpet cleaner was. She says, all out.... So I start to pilfer through the cleaning materials, in the house to see what I may be able to conger up..... Head to the basement, nothing in the cleaning cabinet that catchers my attention.... I see it... SHOUT. This stuff is amazing on clothes, why not give it a try on carpet.....To make sure I don't "over do" it, I mix a bottle of 1/4 SHOUT, 3/4 water......

Here is what I did. I started with the back area. I vacuumed all the dirt first, then I used the solution, on any area that had a stain.... Soaked it real good.... Then I went to each passenger seat, did the same thing... Finally did the driver and front passenger area. This gave the rear time to settle into the stains.... Then it was time to find the carpet brush.... NO BRUSH...... I used the tip of the Shop vac to scrub first, then I turned on the vac.... All I can say is, I wish I would have taken photos of before and after.... That stuff works AMAZING! I think one could do a 50/50 mixture on really tough stains.... I did have a couple that I will try the 50/50 on. the 1/4 mixture did eliminate most of it, just needs some final "muscle" to lift the stain......

Thought the members could post what they have come up with as little detail tricks that maybe we have not thought of....

Rob

• Like 3

rmaynard

My wife found this stuff and we have been using it for years. We have it in a spray bottle for things like carpet and clothes, plus she buys the little individual pre-moistened towelettes for when we travel.

Great tip Rob.

• Like 1

JimD

Great tip Rob, but shouldn't it be in the SHOUTBOX? :ychain:

• Like 2

RMCIII

Jim - :laughing-rofl:  Thought if it was in the SHOUT box someone might "clean it" away! :ychain:

• Like 1