Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

im furious

BairleaFarm

Some asswipe stole my pumpkin of my porch. It was a bog ole one. Im sure kids did is as a pranks but for some reason it makes me mad. Each family member had one based on there size mine of course was one of hi dollar big ones. The one im putting out this weekend will of course be booby trapped.

MaineDad

David,

Sorry to hear about the pumpkin. We have a small garden stand here in Maine and always have someone stealing or not leaving enough money. A few weeks ago, we had about 25 tomatoes in the stand at $1 per tomato. Some idiot took all of them and left 5 bucks. My 8 year old daughter was devastated. These were her tomatoes and was going to use the money.

Most people are trustworthy - but it just takes a few idiots to make us furious. Someone needed your pumpkin and my tomatoes more than we did is how I look at it.

BairleaFarm

I keep telling myself some man didnt have any money and needed it for his son but was to ashamed to ask so he took it.

Nick

Odds are it was a kid that went down the street to smash it. But it doesnt hurt to think someone wanted it for the kids. :USA:

Every year an old friend of mine went through the time and expense to grew apples then make cider. He just put it out in a refrigerator in his barn with a can next to it for honor system payment. One day he was mowing and saw a couple middle aged woman walk out with 4 gallons of cider so he sent his grandson down to get the money from the days sales. The woman had taken the cider plus emptied the tin can on the way out. :banghead:

saguaro

It does screw with mind to think you can no longer trust people in your own neighborhood or small town. :banghead:

Electro12WH

How do you booby trap a pumpkin?

linen beige

Does that make it a "Jacked" O-lantern?

Would be nice to think maybe it was taken for use by someones kids, but it probably just got busted open around the corner. :banghead:

Raider12

How do you booby trap a pumpkin?

I have never had to booby trap a pumpkin before. But I have booby trapped my lunch when I worked at a shop and someone continued to steal my lunch. I put dog sh#t in the sandwich. So maybe a PILE inside the pumpkin would help? :banghead:

saguaro

I have never had to booby trap a pumpkin before. But I have booby trapped my lunch when I worked at a shop and someone continued to steal my lunch. I put dog sh#t in the sandwich. So maybe a PILE inside the pumpkin would help?

KyBlue

That sucks David, but you are on the mAin drag with alot of foot traffic... Suprised you dont have more problems really.

kj4kicks

OK, it's a missing pumpkin. It's part of life. If that's all you have to complain about, then things could be a whole lot worse.

Get over it and move on..... it's bringing down the whole group.

BairleaFarm

... it's bringing down the whole group.

:banghead: nah on my behalf it was a big pumpkin . I might try to grow some next year. Play round with them and see how big I can get them. Room may be the issue. I dont have alot of room to grow them.

jerrell

:banghead: go ahead and grow those punkins david, did you see on tv , a man grew one in washington state that weighed 1600 lbs, :USA: he said he just kept the water dripping on it root system, that thing filled up the back of a pick-up... i might try something like that this year myself, just for the heck of it. .... but back to you point, it does make you mad when you try to do something nice and someone takes advantage of you,,,, maybe put a fence charger on the next one, like the tv news showed a little kid stealing a McCain sign, he tried to pull the metal post up and it zapped him, i wished it would have got his dad, who was sitting in his truck watching his kid steal it, probally told him to do itt....jerry