bmsgaffer

520H PTO Hoop Removal

bmsgaffer

This is such a newbie question, but I have to ask:

I have dealt entirely with blackhoods, now I have this 520. I was trying to swing the PTO hoop off the shaft and couldn't figure out how to do it.

On the C series: remove locking pin, flip the "clip" backwards and swing the PTO hoop to the side.

On the 520: remove locking pin....?

The little black "C" that was roll pinned to the hoop would not swivel out of the way enough for me to swing the PTO hoop off to the side. I pulled the cotter pin at the bottom of the hoop but I would try to go up or down and the hoop would hit the clutch disk before it moved far enough away from the PTO shaft. I looked up the owners manual but the pictures were so screened I couldn't quite understand it.

What am I missing? (I ended up bending the black clip thinking the preveious owner cobbled it together, but now looking at the pictures thats what it came with.)

I hope that explanation was decent...

PaulC

I had the same issue on my 90 312-h when I first got it my 87 312-a is like you described so it must be right around when they switched. I even popped out that roll pin and changed it to a quick pin before I figured it out. You need to remove the trunion right under the exhaust on the end of the pto engagement lever it should have a quick pin. Once u do that it'll all swing out of the way. Although it's still pretty simple I think I liked the older style better. Wonder why wheel horse decided to change?

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

I will check it out tonight, thanks Paul.