PaulC

Extra Tall Chute Blower in action!!

Lane Ranger

Paul:   Looks like you did a great job and prepared for more than you asked for or thought was coming!   It is amazing how well this equipment works!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Surprising how well it throws it...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

without being enclosed...guessing any clogs are history now?

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Good job on the fabricating!

• Like 1

Geno

Looking good Paul!  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

You are going to give other 'tall chute' blowers a chute complex... not to mention the short chute!  :teasing-neener:

• Like 3

Geno

Chute complex.   :laughing-rolling:     :text-lol:

AMC RULES

A small chute complex...you think?    :eusa-think: 

• Like 1

PaulC

Thanks for rooting me on against crazy Mother Nature guys!!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

You can do it...

we can help.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 2

PaulC

You are going to give other 'tall chute' blowers a chute complex... not to mention the short chute! :teasing-neener:

Haha look how pathetic that little short chute looks next to that monster!! I made another version close to the normal height of a tall chute and I'm gonna play around some more and if I like this extra tall enough I will replace the shorty with the medium

• Like 2

Geno

You can do it...

we can help.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

He can do it...

We can watch.   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

You definitely made that bad boy stand proud Paul.   :bow-blue: 

• Like 1

PaulC

And Craig without that cover piece in the front I do have some snow shooting straight ahead even when I'm directing it to one side or the other but not enough to really worry about. I may experiment a little with a piece there but I did not have a single clog with it as is.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

That little bit of blow by...

why bother.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

PaulC

Guys load them up and get to buffalo!! The bills are scheduled to play the jets Sunday at home and they're estimating 220,000 😱 tons of snow in the stadium. I'm thinking we could roll in with me leading the parade with this monster!! ðŸ˜

AMC RULES

That would be pretty neat...

:wh: saves the day.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

Martin

looks like you did ok with the tall chute fabrication, Paul.......

mines getting closer......

I'm back and forth on whether its going to be too high to be effective, seeing yours i can't wait to try mine out......

post-4321-0-63162700-1416439225_thumb.jp

• Like 3

PaulC

Martin I really like that!! Looks very close to the factory version it was a good idea picking that Ariens chute up. On both that I made I don't like the top deflector piece as much as those die formed ones. I'm gonna keep an eye out and see if I can find a cheap one like you did.

As far as your height I think you will be fine. These single stages fly and really get that snow moving. I actually thought about trying to check the auger rpms with my new laser tachometer lol

• Like 2

RMCIII

I will say this... Seeing it side by side kind of reminds me of seeing a new combine with it's unloading auger next to a model 20 years ago, with it's unloading auger...... Monstrosity!

Rob

• Like 1

PaulC

Woke up to another foot of snow so my extra tall chute will be back in action again!! This is some really crazy weather even for Buffalo!!

PaulC

Forest I think I've saw that on some horses before? With my short chute I adjusted once and that was it but with these taller ones adjusting on the fly would be useful. With the blower raised up I can stand up and adjust it without getting off.

I've saw on other posts you have property in the Adirondacks? Where about? I've snowmobiled up there for years in the tug hill area. Used to stay in red field but now we are in Barnes corners. The way this snow is here at home I feel like I'm up there now haha.

gwest_ca

Gravely has another simple idea I have adopted a few times. On the older units they needed a universal joint in the crank for the chute. They knurled the ends of the two 1/2" rods making up the crank and slipped a length of 1/2" 1-wire hydraulic high pressure hose about 5 " long over the joint and clamped it to the rods with a pair of hose clamps. The knurling is necessary as the wire braid in the hose makes it hard to clamp tight. I used a sharp 1/2" cold chisel to to make a series of cuts parallel to the rod around each rod end for about 1-1/2" and used 4 hose clamps. Works really well and smooth if the bend in the rod joint is fairly sharp.

Garry

• Like 2

JC 1965

Looks like your setup did a great job Paul.  I sure feel sorry for all you guys in NY with all that snow.      :scared-eek:   I wish all of you the best, take care.      :thumbs2:

• Like 1