Sign in to follow this  
perry

i have to say it....im not ashamed of my orange.

perry

had 10" to 12" of snow over night. ive been working on 4hrs of sleep and had 8hrs on the tractor seat today[:D][:(]. the snow was wet, heavy, and lots of it. this is the first time i brought out the wheel horse B100 to plow. it had a hard time pushin this heavy stuff and keepin up with the landlord. there was a few large piles the wheel horse could'nt move but the simplicity could. i have been a diehard red tractor fan my whole life. but ever since this little orange thing showed up at my door a few years ago, it has been out doing itself every time i pull it out of the garage. i see alot more orange in my future. but ofcourse i could never give up on my herd :P .

the landlord went threw 8 ROUGH hrs, 3 tanks of gas, & very little oil. i think she could've went another 8hrs[}:(], but this driver is plum tuckered out. i have about 1-2 more hrs in the morning to clean up.

newyrday011.jpg

me on the 1965 landlord

newyrday025.jpg

my buddy on my B-100

newyrday022.jpg

newyrday021.jpg

newyrday015.jpg

this is one tierd out ol'dude

newyrday027.jpg

snowplow videos:

snow plow video 1

snowplowin video 2

Rollerman

Perry the links didn't work for me..... :P

Looks like you had a very busy day!...whats your total snow accumulation this time around?

Just curious....why wasn't the B pushing what the Simplicity could.

Lack of traction, power, belt slip...inquiring minds want to know?

I have an AC Big10...but no plow on it & it's tucked away till I can fix her up.

PS watch that right foot...I got my foot hung up once doing that :D

Nick

Looks like the Simplicity did ok. They were some nice tractors. But I always wanted one of the big AC/Simplicity 620 or 9020 or others in that series. But I am an old Allis CHalmers fan, sold my 41 C and 52 CA and still regret that one.

Did something get a tap in the Rage"n"Landlord video at 30 seconds? :D

Try these video links the others would not work for me either.

rage"n"Landlord

Snowplowin

nylyon

That landlord sure does work well, thanks for fixin them links too!

T-Mo

Perry,

It looks like you got walloped with the snow. Nice pictures, a couple of those might be nice for next year's calendar (the B100 ones, that is :P )

I also was thinking similar to Stephen about your leg hanging there. It looks awfully close to the tire chains. :D

perry

Perry the links didn't work for me..... :P

Looks like you had a very busy day!...whats your total snow accumulation this time around?

Just curious....why wasn't the B pushing what the Simplicity could.

Lack of traction, power, belt slip...inquiring minds want to know?

I have an AC Big10...but no plow on it & it's tucked away till I can fix her up.

PS watch that right foot...I got my foot hung up once doing that :D

the B100 would stop dead in her tracks and start spinning. i would then drive the simplicity up to the pile and push it. we just could'nt get any traction out of the B. its got a nice set of 2 link chains and 50LB weights per side. the simplicity has 25LB per side and would really hunker down & tear arse. now my 877 i run 4 link chains and no weight, and that little bugger really push's snow great. but being only a 8hp this wet snow is to rough on the little one.

the pic with my foot daggleing i was sitting in nuetral not moving takin a small breather :( .

ok stephan i need to see some pics of your AC. what kind of condition is it in? and whats wrong with it?. i still have this 1967 six speed that needs a new home .

my emails open .

Rollerman

Perry with my horses I start bringing theblade up just as I'm going into the pile & I'll go right on up just like your Simplicity.

That is untill my back tires start digging into the snow bank.

The AC is in decent shape with a tiller & deck...pictures may have to wait awhile as it's buried.

I'm kind of partial to it really & took months of negotiating "begging" to get it :P

I bought it off a co worker who's fathe passed away and has some other interesting tractors...David Bradley Tri Trac, AC210, & a Pasqaulie!

(Stephen) :D

T-Mo

Perry,

I had a feeling that you don't normally drive with the foot hanging. :D

As for off-brand loyalty, everyone here knows I have a few JDs. Well, I can get a blade for my JD 210. A guy wants a deck for his 210, I just might trade my deck off the 210 for a snow plow off his 210. Or I just might keep looking for one for a Wheel Horse. It's not like we get as much snow, though, as Perry does. That's a little too much for me. :P

Greg B.

Perry,

Looks like you took a pretty good hit. We just got back from Michigan and I got to drive in my first snow storm in 11 years. :P A move that direction may be in my future, so I'll be looking for some red snow removal equipment! :D

Greg B.