JustinW.73

FEL squealing

JustinW.73

I have a raider 12 with a loader that has a really bad squeal. It manly happens when the loader is moving (up-down and tilt). Sometimes it will squeak when sitting, but not all the time. It used to squeak all the time but tightened the belt. Does it just need a fluid change. I filled it up 3 quarters full (maybe more) but still squeaks.  Or could it be the pump, control valves, relief valve, or just have crap or air in the lines? The fluid looked grey and had bubbles in it. Thanks ~Justin

RMCIII

May be a little for changin fluids.... Sounds like you have a pump going out. Belt could be the issue, but not likely, if it is squeeling even while not under a load.

Rob

JustinW.73

May be a little for changin fluids.... Sounds like you have a pump going out. Belt could be the issue, but not likely, if it is squeeling even while not under a load.

Rob

Ya I thought the pump might have seen better days. But I might check out other options (like the fluid change) before I change the pump. And see what others say too. Just want to get some opinions from other people but the pump might be going.

Edited by JustinW.73

Dieselcowboy

Did the noise ever occur before recently?

I had an experience that sounds identical to yours ( except the gray fluid) when I put my loader together. It ended up being I had used to small of a suction hose from the tank to the pump which caused pump cavitation . If I ran higher rpms than idle it would squeal and if I moved the loader it would squeal. 

The bubbles would indicate to me that your pump is cavitating ( sucking air) because it cannot get enough oil. 

Edited by Dieselcowboy

JustinW.73

I just got it last weekend. And I thought it was low fluid. So do you mean it had a hole in the line. Sucking air is cavitation? Then that would explain the bubbles like we said in the reservoir. 

Dieselcowboy

Not necessarily a hole in the line. I am referring to the hose that runs oil from the tank (suction line) to the pump not being the correct size to feed the pump enough oil. In return the pump will not have enough fluid and will pull air into it causing the sounds and actions you are describing.  

Since you just got this  loader I would drain the fluid and and remove one end of the suction hose , measure the ID of the hose and see what you have. 3/4" ID hose and Fittings should be enough to handle what your asking it to do. 

Dieselcowboy

This is the link to my previous thread

JustinW.73

Ok I will do what you said. And it probably wouldn't hurt to change the fluid also. I have some new fluid. Is there a winter fluid?

Dieselcowboy

What loader do you have? I would assume they all will call for different fluid. Keep us updated on your findings. 

JustinW.73

There is no tag on it. It might be homemade. I can't take pics because my camera doesn't work and I don't have anything else to take a pic. Will get back to you on the weekend when I have time to look at it.

MalMac

Sometimes a hose will collapse on the inside and cause cavitation. Sometimes you can see the whole hose collapse and sometimes it's internal.

• Like 1

JustinW.73

looks like i got it straightened out. Works very smooth and doesn't squeak. I think I need to get a bigger pulley for the pump because it bogs the engine down when the loader is moving. But looks like now I got engine trouble. Thanks for your help.

Dieselcowboy

a bigger pulley will slow the pump down. so your pump is starving for oil ( cavitation)

JustinW.73

No its getting oil now. I just want to slow it down so the engine doesn't have to work so hard