mrc

C120 & 414-8

mrc

here is  a C120 i got for my great grandson. he is only 4 years old now. hopefully they won't outlaw gasoline before he can ride it. just did a tranny swap because some  PO welded the hubs to the axles.  how would you change an axle seal with that setup? also in the pics is my 414-8 going to their winter storage home. (a friend's garage). hope you guys like the pics.  mike in mass.

post-3183-0-88462700-1415800952_thumb.jp       post-3183-0-84401700-1415800957_thumb.jp       post-3183-0-32800900-1415800967_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Geno

Very nice looking tractors, you got your grandson off to a good start!   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Mike,,,,,,,,,,,very very nice. Godd choices and thanks for sharing.

Glenn

• Like 1

slammer302

That looks like a nice setup

KC9KAS

Very nice looking C

daveoman1966

The axles are hardened and I don't know if a sawzall would cut them off.  If the hubs are NOT tight against the trans case, MAYBE you can remove the 6 trans bolts to split it open far enough to reach in with long box-end wrench(s) and remove the 4 differential bolts.  Doing that will allow the differential to come completely apart, then you can pull each axle out of the trans unrestricted. 

PaulC

vey nice tractors!!! you must really trust that friend of yours, if you stored those in my garage your hour meter might mysterious read higher when you came to get it :laughing-rofl:

id also like to see a pic of the welded on hubs I don't see why someone would ever do that?? I think the hubs are cast iron too which is not the easiest thing to weld

Racinbob

Beautiful tractors :handgestures-thumbsup: I'm with Paul on welding the cast to the steel axles. Plus I'm sure it ruined the seals. You can cut the axles quite easily. I had to with one of mine and a hacksaw is all it took.

mrc

well guys the hubs were not just tack welded to the axle. they looked like they were double pass welded to the axles. due to winter coming on i have been cleaning the garage and just got rid of all my scrap metal.  why  someone would do that is beyond me too. maybe the keyway slot was worn? maybe some PO had bad keys?  the welding bead  on the right hub was almost touching the case.  not much room on the left either. i cut thru the axles with a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder.  best regards men.  mike in mass.i