84specialed

Newbie looking at a c195

84specialed

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum. I've allways loved small tractors and have been searching around for a while for a decent condition vintage wheel horse to use around the house. A guy I work with has a c195, looks to be in decent original condition, has a mower deck "not sure of size". It has been sitting in his fathers shop for years, doesn't run but still turns over freely and the starter works. He's asking $175 for it. I feel confident they with fresh gas and some points it will run. It has 68 hours on the meter, not sure how accurate this is. My question is; is it worth this price not running? I would like to find a loader for it, are they out there? Can you buy a new one for this model? Are parts readily available? Thanks in advance.

post-14220-0-14748900-1415643662.jpg

• Like 4

Theroundhousernr

I think most would tell you from the forum to drop everything now, even if your house is flooding and go get that thing! Its a rare model and a little harder to find parts for but for the price , I would buy them everyday at that price.

• Like 8

danjmah

Not an expert - but I was thinking the same thing @ Theroundhousernr

to me it looks NICE!

Edited by danjmah

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I think it looks great, especially for that money....get it.

re the loader,,,,Imho you would ruin a great machine. IMHO, these tractors were not meant for the beating a loader gives them. I think a loader is a bit to much, and will run it into the ground. If you want a loader,,,,get something bigger. My thoughts to me.

if you dont buy,,first dibbs, tell me and I will, then I can figure how to get it here. Best of luck.

lol,,,,let the battle begin.

Glenn

AMC RULES

I say run, don't walk...and

:WRS:  

• Like 3

slammer302

I hope your on the way to get it right now. We love pics too

• Like 1

pacer

I'll drive up from La to get that --- come to think of it, you better hurry or Geno will get there ahead of you.

Seriously, that should be a GREAT deal, go get it.

• Like 3

fabricator2009

Put my name on the list if you don't buy it.

Geno

Hello and :text-woo:   I would also drop everything and go get it!   :handgestures-thumbsup:  I'm going after a C175 here in a few minutes or I would head that way.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hello and :text-woo:   I would also drop everything and go get it!   :handgestures-thumbsup:  I'm going after a C175 here in a few minutes or I would head that way.  :laughing-rolling:

Gene,,,,can you store my new C195 for me? If I get it? Lol

Glenn

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

:WRS: For that kind of money? Better grab it fast, that's a keeper for sure!!

Geno

Gene,,,,can you store my new C195 for me? If I get it? Lol

Glenn

Sure.  :laughing-rolling:

84specialed

Lol ok I think I'll buy it. I talked with him, going to pick it up tomorrow after work.

I think it looks great, especially for that money....get it.

re the loader,,,,Imho you would ruin a great machine. IMHO, these tractors were not meant for the beating a loader gives them. I think a loader is a bit to much, and will run it into the ground. If you want a loader,,,,get something bigger. My thoughts to me.

if you dont buy,,first dibbs, tell me and I will, then I can figure how to get it here. Best of luck.

lol,,,,let the battle begin.

Glenn

You bring up a good point about the loader. I really wanted one because I think they look cool and I could use it occasionally. I'll probably just get a larger tractor when funds permit. For now I think this one will do just fine.

• Like 1

posifour11

Congrats! Be sure to add lots of pictures when you get it. We like pictures!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

:WRS:  Keep us posted with the progress on this tractor.......i know you are going to get it!

• Like 1

papaglide

I hope that you have it by now.......these guys aren't around!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

stevebo

I have an 84 and an 83. That one is either an 82 or 83. They are a great machine and the seller does not know what he has. 

• Like 1

Ken B

Walk quietly and carry a big stick, you'll need it too beat off the vultures!  Get it quick, the rear tires are probably worth the asking price..

• Like 2

Brrly1

I second what Ken has said, Run quick run Geno probably isn't that far away and we all know how he's been scarfing up tractors! Get it, I have just picked one up here a month or so back they are awesome tractors. Good luck

• Like 2

Geno

Did you get it?  :)

• Like 1

chazm

WELCOME TO :rs:

And not to    :deadhorse:           ,but...   Buy..Buy...Buy   :handgestures-thumbupright:

HUDSON89

Wow what a find you better go buy a lottery ticket also

Forest Road

You'd better jump on it before your coworker educates himself. It's basically one of the odd ducks of the WH lineup. Highly sought after and just a cool ride! It's well worth the asking price if a rod were sticking through the side of the engine.

Road-Track

The mower deck looks like a 48". That is worth more than the selling price :banana-skier:

Cutlas3391

I'll give u 500 cash for it