Wishin4a416

Picked up some shaft bushings

Wishin4a416

I don't get over toward Ace hardware very often. It is East of me where I don't shop. But today the Misses needed to go that way so I stopped at Ace to pick up some throttle shaft bushings as I was out and have 1carb to rebuild this Winter for sure. They had a good supply so I got 4. Good to go now.

post-8484-0-55041800-1415546070.jpg

• Like 1

Martin

those bushings are a great idea for tightening up a loose shaft on the larger carbs (10 hp and up)

thats the 58087 part number isn't it?

Wishin4a416

those bushings are a great idea for tightening up a loose shaft on the larger carbs (10 hp and up)

thats the 58087 part number isn't it?

Yes. 58087-A for the big block carbs. Have to have a stock of them Martin.

• Like 1

Lagersolut

Could you guys elaborate a little on installing these - I'm working on an M10, ( picking it up at the machine shop tomorrow )  noticed not only is there slop in the throttle shaft, but the carb is a Walbro not a Carter like my K241 .

The screws on the butterfly are peened ?  

The motor runs like a top with this carb but was actually considering buying another carb as not to get dirt in my fresh rebuild .

Martin

I'm not sure if the walbro is similar to the carter with the bushing situation, (probably not) but for the carter, i just grind or file the peened ends on the butterfly screws and unscrew them, then replace with new, they are available through mcmaster carr. (3-48 NC) i think the walbro is 4-40NC but don't quote me on that.

this post shows the bushings for the carter installed. use a long bolt the inside diameter of the bushing/shaft bore with a nut screwed down and a washer to drive or press the bushing in the step bore.

maybe others on here have dealt with the walbro and can shed some light on methods used.......

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1