RJR49

Engine for Lawn Vac

RJR49

My C160 has a 20 Year old Peco Lawn Vac attached. The motor, a 3 HP B&S. It quit yesterday. Probably a clogged carb but I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before it needs to be replaced. Briggs own website reviews don't speak very highly of their small engines. "Chinese junk" is the comment most often seen. Honda's are great but expensive, throw away's from Harbor Freight have a surprisingly good reputation  . Any thoughts, experiences, or recommendations would be appreciated.

PaulC

Don't have any experience with them but I was in Harbor Freight the other day for something and caught myself checking them out. I think it was the 13hp but it sure did look pretty nice. If you only need 3 hp and you can make it work the 3hp predator from HF would be hard to beat at only $100 bucks. I know people on here have used them so maybe do a search and see what you can find on them

slammer302

I would run the Briggs into the ground and then buy the harbor freight engine I have a couple and have no complaints

shallowwatersailor

I just picked up the HF 6.5 hp for $94.00 with the 20% coupon to use on one of my bee-hinds. If it would fit, I would go up in size. Go to the manuals on HF and they will give you a drawing of the mounting hole baseplate required.

• Like 1

nhunt308

Harbor freight 6.5 is powering my lawn ranger right now and I have no complaints. starts first pull every time and has plenty of power.

Edited by nhunt308

DAVE L

I have 3 harbor freight engines. 1 on my Lawn Ranger, 1 an my Log Splitter, and one new in box as a just in case.

I am totaly impressed with them. Good power, and easy starting.

smoreau

I just wish they made a electric start for the 6.5hp one. Great for the price!! Would love to get tinkering with there new twin cylinder one also.