PaulC

2 312's on leaf duty

PaulC

Been a few weeks since I had any seat time so my yard was out of control with leaves.post-8772-0-95916900-1415019998.jpgpost-8772-0-72116400-1415020000.jpg

I just did a motor swap on the 312-A so that's part of my reason for being down for a bit. Here are my twins ready for dutypost-8772-0-47175400-1415020001.jpgpost-8772-0-52743000-1415020002.jpgpost-8772-0-32547200-1415019998.jpg

Here is my Wikco sweeper that was purchased way back by my grandfather which he used with his 1985 312-8.post-8772-0-00554300-1415020004.jpg   These sweepers and parts can still be purchased, price tag today is 1299!!! I save it from the weeds after it sat for a few years cleaned it up and painted it wheel horse red. Have a wheel horse decal for it but haven't put it on yet. With some good ground speed I was able to get the sweeper pretty full post-8772-0-83384100-1415020004.jpg

All together I was out for about 3 hours and figured I dumped the sweeper 50+ times and also filled my 3 place snowmobile trailer 3 times.post-8772-0-82154800-1415020005.jpg I was the good neighbor though and did my next door neighbors front yard. I should have taken a pic of that because her leaves were so deep I thought about going to mount the snowblower attachment :laughing-rofl:

Hope you guys enjoy the photos!!

• Like 7

Geno

Very nice, thanks for the pics!   :text-+1:

Molon_Labe

Seat time is always good time! Thanks for posting the pics.

squonk

Some of us have been known to plow leaves!  :)  :eusa-whistle:

• Like 1

PaulC

Thanks for the compliments gents!! It really was a good time out there.

I enjoyed it even more due to how well my 312-A now runs after the motor swap. That was the first tractor that I bought knowing it smoked, always ran pretty good but smoked a lot. I picked up a laser tachometer too so I got both running at correct rpm's and both running like tops!! Along with the parts tractor I got the motor from I picked up a 48" deck that runs great just need some patch work and paint, and a tall chute blower, need to make the chute parts for that though. The guy even threw in a set of hub caps for me which you know see on the 312-A!!! As you can tell I am one happy camper!

Pullstart

I thought about going to mount the snowblower attachment :laughing-rofl:

I wonder if anyone has actually gotten away with that before?  hmm....

Geno

Yep, I hear they do very well.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

AMC RULES

Couldn't find a  :wh: example...

but you get the idea.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Maybe for a hot dog...  :teasing-poke: 

we could find someone to make one. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

PaulC

haha that's awesome Craig!!! I may have to try this my yard is littered with leaves again and its lightly snowing here in Buffalo today and nothing but colder weather in the extended forecast. Only if I had a big trailer with sides I could have someone else pull it while I direct the leaves into it...... :techie-eureka:  :eusa-think:

I am going to make up my chute parts this weekend and get that tall chute blower I just got going so I know ill be dying to try it so if theres no snow maybe ill turn it loose on some leaves. Of course if I do I will catch it on camera