Rayp

Mowing Deck help please

Rayp

I have been renovating a 36 inch rear discharge mowing deck (85-36MR01 I believe!) and am having trouble refitting the Bar-idler support.  I have tried innumerable variations of bolts, nuts and washers but the Bar is either too tight to move or too sloppy.  Also the spring just appears to loop round the bolt under a nut, but this does not seem ideal.  I am attaching a page from the Master Parts Viewer, which helpfully gives no sizes or lengths etc on which the parts in question are shown numbered 7 to 13 inclusive.  Does anyone have any suggestions please?

post-11145-0-65885300-1414944088_thumb.j

GlenPettit

There are two pair of black plastic washers, #9 & #11, that the idler-bar slides on, and keeps the bolt/nut from getting to tight, the lower washer has a collar on it.  Required.

I do make and have those now, $6 (for two pair)(+$2.50 shipping). [under Venders]

The upper plastic washer tended to crack & fail, I include a pair of thin metal washers to go just above that upper washer to greatly reduce it from failing, and with instructions.

IMG_0018_zps0454843d.jpg

Glen

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 1

Rayp

Thanks for your reply Gle4n.  I will order a pair of your washers.  Could you also state what size and length of bolt are required.

Rayp

Hi Glen, I cannot find the washers under Vendors, can you please tell me how to order them. Thanks

gwest_ca

Item 7 - 915113 Nylock nut 3/8"-16  USS - coarse thread - these nuts have a nylon insert in them that locks them to the bolt

Item 9 - 2844 washer is a 3/8" flat washer

Item 12 - 908037 bolt replaced by 323-9 is a 3/8"-16 x 1-3/4" USS bolt - coarse thread

Item 13 - 908035 bolt replaced by 323-7 is a 3/8"-16 x 1-1/4" USS bolt - coarse thread

The Nylock nuts just keep the spring from sliding up and down the bolt. The spring hook must be free to turn on the bolt so there is a space between the nuts.

Garry

• Like 2

GlenPettit

They're not there. YET!

Recently loaded the new update to my iPhone 6+, 10.6.8,

Flash:  now all I get is "Blocked Plug-in" when I try to open or

load any photos, anywhere . . . got to resolve that asap, one

of the glitches in the new phones . . . 

Will post and show soon . . . they're one of several new items.

sorry:    Glen

Rayp

Thank you for the helpful information Garry and I look forward to your post Glen.

Ray

doc724

Hi Glen, thanks for the tip that you now have the idler bar washers.  I have been reluctant to buy them from other sources due to cost. BTW, if you mold them out of 30% (maybe 35%) glass filled nylon, I think the cracking will stop.  I will need to put it on my spring "buy list" to order a couple of sets

GlenPettit

IMG_0018_zps0454843d.jpg

These will also come with a thin metal washer to sit atop of the upper thinner bushing to greatly reduce it from failing.  These are needed on the mower deck Slider Bar for the tension pulley to slide and work properly.  These bushing keep the bolts from being too tight and locking the bar in place.

Rayp

Thanks Glen,

As soon as I see these on your Vendors page I will order some.

Ray