boostedtoy13

POWER FLOW BAGGER

boostedtoy13

I have a power flow bagger on a 42 inch deck and it works great. but it only fills one bag. it fills the left bag 3-4 times before it fills the right side once.  i havent played with any modifications to the chute yet. just wondering if anyone has ran into this issue and what the fix is. 

MalMac

It will fill the left bag first then it will start filling up the other bag..

farmer

MalMac is right, once the left bag is full it falls into the right. :)

boostedtoy13

Not mine it will clog before it fills the other bag

Rick_in_CT

The chute directs everything into the left bag.  Once it fills and starts to overflow, the overflow falls into the right bag.  If you just keep going even though the left bag is full, the right bag should fill as well.  I get this same effect.  Sounds like your system is working correctly. 

Where do you get the clog?

boostedtoy13

It fills the the left bag. To the top of the bagger hood. Clogs the chute. And there is only 3-4 inch of debris in the right bag.

MalMac

Make sure your screen on the hood/cover that goes over your bags is good and clear. If you are doing anything wet it will not work correctly. Finally you may need to reduce speed to a crawl. This year my leaves are really dense and thick because of all the rain. There have been sometimes I am barley moving to prevent clogging. Also make sure you have the hood/bag cover latched down over your bags and just not sitting on top of it. Once it's latched it acts as a type of seal. If not it will not get the right flow. One time I did see where someone had a belt twisted on the blower and it was running backwards, how they did that I do not know. It still got grass/leaves in their bag but would not fill. your chute should also have a curve in it. I have seen some where the curve had been altered and would not work.

ericj

if the leaves have any moisture at all it will clog before filling the right bag. i just used my power flow on thur. and it would clog up a lot because the leaves were damp. when the leaves are dry it turns them into powder 

eric j

DotheDoo

Agree. Leaves have to be dry AND you have to move slowly. Move too fast and the leafs start piling up in front of the mower...but to slow, the pressure from the blades blow the leaves forward. I found having it in Low gear in 2nd was the best speed. I wish the power flow created more vacuum. Thinking of adding some kind of rubber extension so the impeller blades so they are closer to the housing creating a stronger vacuum. Same idea I have seen on You Tube on modifying the slow blower impeller to throw the snow farther.

MalMac

Toro use to offer a leaf baffle for the 42SD. It bolted on the front of the deck and was a lip that help went in under the front of the deck. It was suppose to cause more of a suction and keep the leaves from blowing out under the deck. I has seen one once but it was not attached to the deck. From the person I talked to that had used it said it did help. After seeing what the cost was I decided that a few leaves out from under the deck I could live with.

gwest_ca

42in SD leaf baffle

Garry

bobert94

Interesting i wonder why only 4 the 42" deck?you would think 48" would benefit from it more than the 42".

bobert94

wow 282.00 from rcpw  would like to see one so i ccould make one!