Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Hauled something home

Nick

A neighbor sent me to buy this one from his brother. Ive never owned one before and was surprised the drive shaft only runs to a 90 gear box and then the transmission is belt driven from that. When I saw the engine turned I just assumed it was similar to the cubs. :banghead:

One question. Do these have a low creeper first gear? Its a 4 forward speed manual transmission and the first gear has a plate that locks it out.

glens014-1.jpg

glens015.jpg

glens016.jpg

glens017.jpg

rustbucket

yeah first is low creeper on that rear end.

perry

i have had a few of these. what are you going to do with it ?. the steering column/gears and front grill bring decent $.

Nick

I thought about parting it out to sell parts and maybe keep some. That angle gearbox and 4 speed trans does give me all kinds of ideas but I should just haul the parts to Portland this weekend. Could try ebay also but wasnt sure if Jacobsen parts were in any demand.

The front tire was gone because he went outside one day to see someone running down the street with it. :banghead:

saguaro

Did Jacobson and Ford use the same tube frame?

Nick

It looks like Jacobsen built the Ford tractors. Not sure how many years they did it. :banghead:

perry

Could try ebay also but wasnt sure if Jacobsen parts were in any demand.

The front tire was gone because he went outside one day to see someone running down the street with it. :USA:

:banghead: thats funny. dont hear of too many lawn tire thieves.

jacobsen parts are obsolete and are in demand on ebay. you have the mower deck?. hood ?.

ford garden tractor club

Nick

I have the hood but they said the deck had rusted out or something. Did Get the engine running today. It doesnt run to bad but the carb needs work.

You never know what they might steal in Lima. I think he said the thief even jumped a fence. :USA:

I also forgot to mention this. If your lazy and use visegrips to hold a battery cable on, dont grab them when you see sparks flying from them touching the lift handle.. they might be hot. :banghead: :imstupid:

perry

if you can get ahold of the deck and the spindles are good, they are worth some coin.

on my personal old ford i had a older fella machined all new spindles for me. because you can never find them . not even on ebay very often.

i had a guy drive from iowa to michigan to buy the deck .

oh! is the plastic battery lid on the hood good ?.

Nick

I didnt notice it when I hauled it home yesterday but the tractor must have been near a fire sometime. There is some damage on the steering wheel, lift grip and the battery cover has some also. I thought it strange they had access just for the battery.

If I knew the deck might be worth some $ I might have ask more about it. It didnt sound like he had it there. :banghead:

jacobsen001.jpg

jacobsen002.jpg