SPINJIM

Magnum M12 fuel line routing ???

SPINJIM

I'm working on a 312-8 with a Magnum engine.  Trying to figure whether the fuel line is routed through the blower housing, or under it.  The K engines routed under the blower housing, but get an impression that Magnum might be different.

Tractor was sitting in a barn for 7 years, and needed some work.  Looks like PO tried to work on it years ago, and gave up leaving the fuel line hanging loose.   After cleaning out a mouse condominium, I had to replace the ignition coil and some other wiring.  Now I'm routing the fuel line, and noticed some cut outs in the edges of the cooling shrouds as if the fuel line was routed through the blower housing.  It would route between the top of the bearing plate and the cylinder cooling fins (if that's where it belongs).  The cutout in the cooling shroud is right next to the fuel pump.  I've seen some other engines with fuel line routed that way to warm the fuel in cold weather.  

If anyone with a Magnum with original fuel line could help me, I'd appreciate it.   

Thanks, Jim

JC 1965

I have a 14 hp mag. and a 12 hp mag. both of them have the fuel line routed under the blower housing. Hope this helps. :thumbs2:

Geno

Mine do too, it goes in the same clamp as the throttle and choke cable towards the front. 

SPINJIM

Thanks for the help. I guess the holes in the cooling shroud are for some other application of the Magnum.   I started to reroute the fuel line, and found that it's too brittle and cracked;  and the gas tank has more water than gas in it.  So removing the seat, fender, and tank is today's project.   I was considering painting the fender anyway.   After I get that back together, I'll run some new fuel line UNDER the flywheel housing.   

Thanks again for the info.  

Jim