thehorse

Inner wheel weights

thehorse

Picked up 416-h and part of the deal was the wheel weights and hub caps that are attached. I know it's not a great pic but someone might know by looking. Are these a wheel horse item? I see where they would be a good idea, you would be able to still run hub caps. Not sure but wanted to check and see if they are WH and at all desirable. I don't intend on using the hubcaps so will probably put on some real weight and take them off.

post-8782-0-67934700-1413320682_thumb.jp

CasualObserver

:wh: did have some, but I've never seen a set that looked like that.  All the inside weights I've seen are flat on the surface. They appear to be kind of orange from your pic, are they? or is that just picture color?

oldlineman

not sure about the weights but looks like you have a crack in the trany mounting bracket, you probably already saw it though. Have a good time fixing up another WH

slammer302

I know wheel horse did make inside wheel weights but I can't tell you if those are actually wheel horse I have a set on a commando 8 but I have them on the outside 0339da135adfface13ee924cdbbb8fba.jpg

dtallon

I've got a pair very similar to those that were from a Montgomery Wards, and I think they are Wards/Gilson weights.  Was curious if they would fit on the inside.  Looks like they will.  They are 63lbs. each.  Great for pushing snow!

c120_weights.jpg

Edited by dtallon

KC9KAS

This is what my inside rear wheel weights look like (only cream color). The large ones are rear, smaller are front.

post-1339-0-03206400-1408211732.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

Picked up 416-h and part of the deal was the wheel weights and hub caps that are attached. I know it's not a great pic but someone might know by looking. Are these a wheel horse item? I see where they would be a good idea, you would be able to still run hub caps. Not sure but wanted to check and see if they are WH and at all desirable. I don't intend on using the hubcaps so will probably put on some real weight and take them off.

Not only a crack but a hole as well!  :scared-eek:   animated-smileys-shocked-042_zpsdc34b73c

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Not only a crack but a hole as well!  :scared-eek:   animated-smileys-shocked-042_zpsdc34b73c

Isnt a crack a hole? Lol

Sorry mike, I couldnt resist.

Glenn

AMC RULES
 post-3498-0-42170300-1380850170_thumb.jp
:wh: Suburban inside wheel weights...
        only one's I know of.    :eusa-think:
Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

thehorse

Yes...I'm in the process of receiving a bracket from a member...Paulc......that will mount to the two bottom holes ants up to the frame. I'll get it welded up also but probably in the spring. Should do the trick.

• Like 1

thehorse

Btw...it's not a hole...it's where WH used a horizontal flat steel to go between the two holes to add strength...ha ha did not work. The dark part that looks like a hole is where the flat steel portion broke off at the weld. Not much weld at all. Not sure why the tranny mount was not way thicker on these tractors.

And.....bad light ...that are red

AMC RULES

I don't think Wheel Horse welds were ever a thing of beauty.   :eusa-think: 

• Like 1

oldlineman

Its nothing that can't be fixed and made better. I have 2 horses 1989 414-8 and 1979 c-101 checked both for cracks look perfect. c-101 has pushed a lot of snow thought it would show some cracks but perfect. You never know why they crack.

Edited by oldlineman

thehorse

Probably from pulling tree stumps! Ha ha

daveoman1966

I think the inner weights you show are Bolens.  I had an H16XL with that style of inner weights.  You can, of course, put an exact same set on the outside of the rims as well, giving 4 weights to the tractor. With 4 of them, probably gain 250lb total weight...est.  

Kelly

I've sold a couple sets of those "inner" weights, as stated above they are Wards/Gilson weights, they were not made to go inside but do fit, kinda sought after by collectors of that brand. 

bmsgaffer

This is what my inside rear wheel weights look like (only cream color). The large ones are rear, smaller are front.

post-1339-0-03206400-1408211732.jpg

Do you have a picture of using the WH weights on the inside? Ive never seen that before, and sounds like a good idea.

Kelly

Most WH's you can't put them on the inside they will rub. 

• Like 1

thehorse

Yes...look at pic at top of post. That's the best pic I have.

KC9KAS

Do you have a picture of using the WH weights on the inside? Ive never seen that before, and sounds like a good idea.

You know, now that I have thought about it, mine ARE NOT like this. They do fit on the inside, but each side is in 2 pieces so they can be put on while the rim is mounted to the tractor.

I will try to get photos, but I will be out of town (mini vacation) for a couple of days.

gwest_ca

Here is a manual on some inner weights that fit the 953, 1054 and 1054A - 4-bolt wheel

Garry

Cutlas3391

I also did the same thing pickup a wheel horse with inner weights I couldn't figure if they from the factory?

post-8224-14134299323_thumb.jpg

ericj

never seen inside front weights before that's kool, might be a bit hard to grease the front bearings tho

eric j

Hodge71

:wh: Suburban inside wheel weights...
        only one's I know of.    :eusa-think:

I should never have sold those weights....I'm still kicking my self to this day. I had 3 sets...... :banghead::angry-cussingblack: