Agage1

dual compressors?

Agage1

This may be a stupid question and the only reason I ask it is because I have 2 spare compressors. I use a 30 gal compressor in my garage and it works great but for grinding and small scale painting it runs a lot. I have another 30 gal compressor just sitting. I had the thought of making a fitting where 2 compressors would power one tool. Any thoughts on this? Would this work? The only reason I would do this is because I have a perfectly good one sitting. I rely on air tools daily for work and I've never seen anyone do this which leads me to believe this may be a bad idea

squonk

Tie both tanks together.you would need to run both pumps off of different circuits and have enough capacity at your panel to handle the inrush current of both pumps coming on at the same time. Or change the pressure setting on 1 unit so the pump come on at a different time. We have HVAC air compressors st work that use 1 80 gal tank with 2 pumps. They are set up for lead / lag and alternate being in the lead every cycle.