eddiebunyan

D-250 ram

eddiebunyan

Recently bought a 76 D-250. The ram that runs the snowblower and plow blade was leaking fluid.Brought the ram to the local hydraulic guy and he asked me to get a rebuild kit for it,because it is not a typical ram and he doubted that he would have the right parts.So I searched and then called the local wheel horse now "toro" dealer agreed with the wheel horse hydraulic manual and  said for that ram(251238) it calls for a kit #101699,they could get one for $67.I looked on e-bay and a guy had a nos one for $42,so I snapped that right up!The hydraulic guy said it wasn't even close!The seals and wiper are metric sizes!Being that the tractor was built in Germany and sent to the US I assume the Ram was also built over seas hence the metric sizes. Have any of you D-250 people gone through this??There should be a D-250 club,not to separate ourselfs from wheel horse owners but due to the fact that the D-250 is a Unique beast(being built over seas) in itself, not sharing much in common with the USA built wheel horse.Real hard to find info on these tractors!

• Like 1