Fordiesel69

Eaton 1100 - run out of oil.

Fordiesel69

Worked on a 1995 model year 312-H that the person said the hyro quit while mowing.  Upon investigating, the fitting for the lift cylinder was leaking and the seal for the cylinder was too.  The tranny had 3/4 of a qt of oil in it.  It was run at idle while being pushed back in the garage, and then I ran it for about 2 minutes like an idiot trying to adjust the carburetor.  Upon installing a new filter, and new oil, it works perfect. 

I towed another tractor behind it for about 20 minutes to get the fluid and case nice and hot, it was stong and still worked perfect when up to temp.  So would you think there was any harm?  My personal theroy is the pump would still have oil film, just not oil pressure to work the hydro motor.

bmsgaffer

I cant imagine it was GOOD for it :teasing-poke: but I imagine there WAS oil being pushed through, just with a lot of air bubbles. (at least it wasn't completely dry!)

Might have accelerated some wear but there should have been at least a little lubricating oil being pushed through...

Just a guess though...