rollingflat

WHAT IS BETTER SLOT HITCH OR BRINLY STYLE HITCH?

rollingflat

I dont have eather one, but am going to make one or the other for the hiller project and one bottom plow project.

Which one do you guy use or prefer??   :eusa-think:

KyBlue

You're going to find far more accessories for the Clevis hitch.. but some of the older WH stuff is only available with the slot style.   You could make an adapter for either/or

I'm going to make a new Clevis (brinly) Style for my 418A  cause I'm just too cheap to buy...thinking Might bend up a few while I'm at it.

• Like 1

groundhog47

I can't find the particular post where one of the members submitted a drawing (  whclevishitchdwg.pdf   ) and the one I'll attach may be it. (Thanks to member who originally posted this drawing.)

Anyway with the bottom plow (with Brinly hitch and clevis used) you can adjust your track of cut with width of rear wheels. I'll try to insert pic of plow hitch adjustment. And you can keep you regular pull hitch in place. 

whclevishitchdwg.pdf

post-8388-0-27994900-1412517935_thumb.jp

Edited by groundhog47

rollingflat

thanks for the pfd i can build one off that.!

Tankman

I once picked up a bottom plow from a gang of plows. The tractor setup was pulling 5-6-can't remember but a lot of plows.

I took one setup. Bent a 1/2" x 2" (or whatever) flatbar to fit into the sleeve hitch. The bend was a Z-section.

Drilled a hole in the end fitted for the sleeve hitch, the other end welded to the plow.

Talkin' 40 years ago, the 8 hp round hood Horse pulled the plow through the garden easily. At first, couldn't steer so I made a front bumper for suitcase weights. The front end would rise to the sky without the weight on the front axle.

Worked great!   :)

One of our forum members builds and sells  a clevis hitch that fits the slotted sleeve hitch. Who? Don't remember but if I needed one nowadays, buy one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Horse-Brinly-Slot-Hitch-Adaptor-/221556328795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3395c9495b

Edited by Tankman

rollingflat

]well, heres my first go only needs spacers at tractor connection point and some paint.

if you can see in pics the bends on the left are tighter than on the right...that is the difference between cold bend and using heat.

post-12305-0-89300400-1412608804_thumb.jpost-12305-0-17827100-1412608856_thumb.jpost-12305-0-38309800-1412608897_thumb.jwell, heres my first go only needs spacers at tractor connection point and some paint.

• Like 2

rollingflat

here it is mounted on my garden plow, had to make a spacer to fit between pin to tighten bolts aginst. But looks good will try it out w the boy later today.

post-12305-0-14452400-1412611538_thumb.jpost-12305-0-99969300-1412611621_thumb.j

any idea what brand and size plow this is? :eusa-think:

groundhog47

No idea on plow brand. ***On hitch, don't forget spacers between holes for tran mounting rod/shart. The second hole in lift arm is where I have to mount for a C-series, didn't come on early hitches, was a later mod as was strap across back which is very beneficial if you wish to leave clevis and draw hitch attached together.

Very good lookin' work, saved a ton-o-$$$. :greetings-clappingorange:

***See you already mentioned that :oops: !! 

Edited by groundhog47

CasualObserver

Plow is from a Simplicity walk behind tractor.   You can measure it across like this.....

c855b2dd.jpg

• Like 3

rollingflat

thanks for the info...just got back from a friends house where Ive been working on the new c-160 auto I picked up. Am going to use it for 

snow plowing , garden plowing and hilling. Got the hitch on ,plow mounted ( no cable yet ) but had to try it out . Other than needing to ad some

chains and weights on front could NOT believe how great it works...we couldnt stop laughing. :laughing-rolling:  :laughing-rolling: Doing the garden this year is going to be fun!  :happy-partydance:

Pics to follow.

• Like 1

KyBlue

Came out great!