snarfbatt

New here, 520H "mule Question"

snarfbatt

Hello everyone;

I have a 520H that blew the flat idler (on the attach a matic), ok just find a new one and replace.

Well easy said not easy to find. Local dealer said $130 per pulley Ouch.

Check on line and ended up at Jacks small engine. Ok $66 each so I ordered. They came in today and the flat idler looks right and is the blown one the other one they sent looks to be main deck pulley and will have to be sent back.

My question is how to you the threaded stud off to get to the smaller shaft? That stud had a large threaded end (1 1/8 in) nut and holds the guard on. Got the nut off but now can't see a snap ring or key, and the pulley shaft appears smaller.

Thanks ahead of answers as I know someone here has the answer. I have check here before but never joined.

daveoman1966

The pulley shaft is 3/4" dia on that mule drive.  The sequence should be: Nut...shield...spacer...flat idler...spacer...V pulley. 

contact me at: 

daveoman@windstream.net

(just clik that link)

• Like 1

Geno

Hello and :WRS:     Looks like Dave's got you took care of.   :text-+1:   

snarfbatt

Wow thanks. Looks like the flat idler goes back also. The one Jacks sent me is a 5/8 size.

First post with question answer in a short time. Looks like I found the right place. I am home I will post the story and pictures of my 520H soon.

snarfbatt

You would think a online retailer, that you call and give all the model numbers of the tractor and the deck would get it right. But Jack's got it wrong.

Other places give Jacks high props. I am not so sure.

WH give me places to get parts?

KyBlue

Are you sure that you have right numbers ??  You'll need the numbers for the Mower Deck not the tractor since they came w/o the deck ...

Dave can probably set you up with a used one ...