jkhayward

pto and mower belt size for a D-200

jkhayward

First time on forum.  I purchased a D-200 with a belly mower.  Cleaned up the fuel system and tried to mow the shops lawn.  About 1/2 through it, the PTO belt broke.  No big deal just look at the belt numbers and order a new one.... not so lucky, there are no numbers on the broken belt.  Ok So look at the mower deck and cross reference it to the manuals that are here on line... not so lucky again, I didn't see any numbers on the deck either.  The mower deck belt will need to be replaced  as well... and I didn't see any number on that belt either.  So Im hopping that tomorrow I can post a couple of pics and someone might be able to steer me in the correct location for belts.  While Im in the belt replacing mood.... are there any other belts on the tractor?

Thanks

Kevin

Sparky

The guys who might know this info will want to know what year D-200? What size deck?

:WRS:

Mike............

gwest_ca

Mower decks are sized by their width of cut - not the width of the deck. Will guess you have a 48" side discharge model and here they are

1973 48" SD mower model 5-1220
1974 48" SD mower model 5-1220
1975 48" SD mower model 5-1221
1976 48" SD mower model 65-48XS01
1977 48" SD mower model 75-48XS01
1978 48" SD mower model 85-48XS01
1979 48" SD mower model 95-48XS00
1979 48" SD mower model 95-48XS01
1980 48" SD mower model 05-48XS01

1981 48" SD mower model 05-48SX02

1982 48" SD mower model 05-48SX02

Here are the belt charts that require a model number

The belt dimensions are on the last pages of the file.

Garry

"D"- Man

Both of the new old stock belts I have for my 18 Automatic PTO are 103084.

P.S. When installing and adjusting the P.T.O. belt do not forget to loosen the bolts on the mid-mount bearing bracket as well as the front mount bolts.  Failure to loosen the bolts on the mid-mount may result in placing excessive tension on the P.T.O. shaft and causing the mid-mount bracket to break under load, Mark.

Edited by TWIN54

pacer

My D-180 with 48" deck has 100" and 105" ---- I think the 105 from PTO and the 100 on deck, this is pulling from memory :eusa-think:

groundhog47

Don't know for certain if this pertains to what you need but the end of this chart in manuals gives lengths of belts by their part number, then you could look at ref to part number by model. Might get you more in the infield :handgestures-thumbup:

Maybe 102868 ...  105.5" 48" 74 deck 5-1220 and others  like Bill and Garry mention.

Edited by groundhog47

KC9KAS

:WRS: