firefighter198

C125 won't fire need some help!

firefighter198

I have a mid to late 70's model c-125 that I have tried to get running for the last week and it just won't fire i cleaned the carb the fuel tank, new plug, the fuel pump is working new stator I have no idea what else to do about to give up in it but I don't want to it's an awesome tractor

Fordiesel69

Is it getting spark, and does it look nice and bright?  If not, clean the points and regap them to 0.018 when you see them open. 

If you have a multimeter, see if you are getting +12v dc to the + side of the coil only when the key is turned on.

Based on what you said,  I would bet money it is not getting spark.

AMC RULES

Is there fuel in the bowl...

and spark at the plug?  :scratchead: 

:WRS:

firefighter198

Iv been told it's probably the point but to be honest I don't really know much about the points and how they work and or how/ where to gap them

KC9KAS

:WRS:

Not trying to be a jackass, but if you plan to maintain your GT yourself, you will need to learn and understand some basic mechanical skills.

It isn't difficult, and there is a wealth of help right here on Red Square, as well as the world wide web.

Do a search in our manuals section for your tractor and it should have photos and descriptions on the various adjustments necessary.

Edited by KC9KAS

squonk

Check for spark and check power to the coil. Could be a bad switch, ammeter, broken wire ect.