dwade277

Hi, new here. What snow blower will fit my B-80?

dwade277

trying to find a snow blower on craigs list for my new to me B-80. Any idea what I should look for?

rmaynard

I would be on the lookout for any single-stage Wheel Horse snow thrower from 1974 on (tach-a-matic hook-up). But don't expect too much performance, since the 8hp engine of the B-80 is not too efficient with a snow thrower on anything other than level ground. My neighbor had a C-81 with a thrower, and he could only clear snow on the level or down hill portion of his drive.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by rmaynard

varosd

trying to find a snow blower on craigs list for my new to me B-80. Any idea what I should look for?

Welcome Aboard! :text-welcomeconfetti:

A lot will depend of how tired your 8 hp is.  also certain snow conditions will hamper single stage throwers

look for a snow blade for those "slushy, would need a jumbo two stage blower", snow days!

that how I got my second Wheel Horse, one for the blade and one with the thrower. :rolleyes:

2011.jpg

Racinbob

I used a 76 B-80 with a blower after the blizzard of 78. The blower was called a 42" but is really a 36" with extension 'wings'. The manual stated not to install the wings on the 8hp. I didn't and it did a fine job moving snow higher than it was. Yea, the motor was taxed but it did fine. After 'converting' the B-80 to a C-160 I put the wings on. Used them for a snow or two but didn't like them and they were off. Just go with a blower like in Don's picture and you'll be fine. Identical to what I had.

Edited by Racinbob

Racinbob

Dummy me. What year is your B-80? Those buggers changed like dirty undies. After 77 they were lawn tractors.

dwade277

Thanks for all the help!!! I have a plow from a B-115 that has a blown engine. Hope it will fit my B-80. My B-80 is from 1973. Actually I have two 1973 B-80's I just bought for 200 bucks. Each need work to get going. Between my B-115 and two B-80 I'm hoping to get one good tractor.

rmaynard

Actually, the B-80 did not come along until 1974. At that time it was a K181-30461D engine with a 4 speed tranny. The 1973 8 hp was just that, a no-name machine called the 8HP 8, or 8HP 4.

It's important to know what year tractor you have for the sake of what attachments will work.

Find the ID number on your tractor and that will tell the exact year and model.

Not sure about the B-115 plow since the B-115 was a lawn tractor with a vertical engine and a Peerless transmission. I don't think it is the same set up.