slimkimg

Belt slipping, bad bearing, cutting grass sporadically

slimkimg

I have a 1969 Commando 8 WH with a 36" RD mower deck. Model 5-2362.

My problem is that I believe there is a bad bearing somewhere causing the belt to slip and stop. This in turn is not letting the mower cut my grass.

I have a brand new belt 1/2 x 28 (manu specs). So, where might these bearings be that I could change them?

Thank you all in advance and hope I can change these and get back out there. 

gwest_ca

Here is an illustrated parts list

Garry

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

slimkimg :WRS: and I'm sure Garry's link will point you in the right direction.

slimkimg

@M_Bailey and gwest_ca. Thank you for the replies, gentlemen. Garry's diagram is great!

I suppose maybe I was looking for exactly "which" bearings may be to blame for the sporadic cutting.

The needle bearings under the deck, stacked under the blades or the ball bearings at the pulleys on top of the deck or......?

Thanks again!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Reeferred
      By Reeferred
      Need help,. 244-h model 72041 newer. The drive belt keeps coming off is it to lose, to tight? Any ideas would be great 

• Garland Farms
      By Garland Farms
      Hi, I finally got my tractor shifting (had to drill a hole in cover and custom install a brake to stop belt from spinning) and now the dang thing won't move unless the now deck is engaged (probably doesn't have anything to do with the mow deck, more to do with the mechanism associated with the lever engaging the deck - that exterior clutch)
      Does this sound like a linkage adjust issue or something else? Thanks.
    • mr_speegs
      By mr_speegs
      So...my 1966 876 Wheel-A-Matic snapped a rod a number of months ago and I've been stumbling through the engine rebuild since. I think I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel, but I may have finally gone in a little over my head. The connecting rod broke as a result of (or cause of) two worn crank bearings. I've removed the bearing plate side, but am a little apprehensive at what I'm seeing on the PTO side. The large valve/timing gear is blocking me from knocking the remaining crank bearing out. Is there any way of me getting that bearing out short of complete engine disassembly?