stevebo

New Summer Hobby- Vintage Boats & Motors

DOC in Kentucky

Do I see a Red Square Boat Edition in the near future!!! Great pics!

fireman

Alright. They talked me into it! At least that's what I'm telling the wife. It's their fault. One of these style boats should be coming home with me tomorrow. This will be the one and only one!!! It may even have to live at Steve's house.

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:     :wwp:

fireman

OK you asked for it! It needs to be polished out like those guys did and some other things here and there but it's all there. Even comes with a motor.

post-1626-0-52150300-1410309529.jpg

post-1626-0-83341500-1410309536.jpg

post-1626-0-47789600-1410309543.jpg

post-1626-0-37414600-1410309571.jpg

• Like 1

Ken B

So I was motoring along on my way up to meet Steve where he launches his boat I all of a sudden here an enourmous engine and shadow upon me. I look up and not even 100 ft. over head I see this! He touched down right in front of me. Almost gave me a friggin heart attack. This plane was HUGE. We have airplanes that land on the lake but nothing the size of this thing.

Ya can't accuse me of cheatin if I openly admit what I have done... :laughing-rofl:  I do have a few speed secrets that I'm going to have to keep locked in the vault. As you get closer I'm going to have to keep dialin it up a notch... I don't wanna be the "Wake Chaser"

Ken B

That is going to be very nice Jeff. You'll have to find a 25 or 35 for it if you plan on hittin tbe lake with Steve. He has one speed!

AMC RULES

Nice score there Jeff, who is the manufacturer? 

stevebo

The boat that Jeff is going to buy tomorrow is a Lone Star but I think it could be an Aero-Line. 

I have a 25hp and an 18 hp coming down tomorrow with a buddy. The seller lives close to him and he is coming down my way to catch a Yankee game. He is going to pick them up for me. 

stevebo

Jeff-

I saw your wife at the school today and she knows you are up to something.... :hide:

fireman

Yeah I told her. She just rolled her eyes! 

stevebo

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

Steves trying to get me to start collecting them too. Isn't gonna happen. I've already seen what an addiction can do to a person! 

Not to mention I don't have any room.

LOL  at the above quote from fireman..... He is going today to buy his "first" 

fireman

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

Steves trying to get me to start collecting them too. Isn't gonna happen. I've already seen what an addiction can do to a person! 

Not to mention I don't have any room.

LOL  at the above quote from fireman..... He is going today to buy his "first" 

And "ONLY" one. I don't have a big yard like you do. Heck even this "ONE" may have to live at your house. Odds are i'll clean it up and end up flipping it in the Spring.

fireman

Had a change of mind this morning and decided to not get the boat. I walked outside to put some things in my truck for the almost 3 hour ride each way to pick up the boat and took a look around at my house and property. I said where am I going to put this thing. My house is built into a hillside with no back yard and a very small, un-level front yard. I already keep my 26.5' camper and 5X10 enclosed trailer in my driveway for the spring, summer and fall. There just isn't any room. Don't want it looking like Sanford & Son. I got rid off some of the nicest original Wheel Horse Tractors because I didn't have enough room. Don't know what I was thinking for even considering adding something else. 

I already have a 16' fiberglass fish/ski boat we use on the lake and keep that stored in my mother-in-laws garage so I really didn't need it any way!

I just need to keep my sanity for just over 5 more years until I retire from the FD and I move to the South and a "MUCH BIGGER" piece of property!!!

Wayne

just saw this thread... anyone need/want some 4 cyl omc parts? ignition, distributor, top plate, wiring harness... no longer have the boat, or motor (motor was stolen right off the stand) Had to give up the boating hobby, I think the only thing I could spend more money on would be airplanes! I sure do miss that '58 Hydrodyne though... very few fiberglass hulls from back then :)