nhunt308

Lawn Ranger info

nhunt308

Can anyone tell me any information about this lawn ranger a friend of mine talked to a guy that wants to sell it was wondering year or any other information anyone can gather from these pictures. I have not seen it in person.

Thanks

66dc134bfdaa463c260b1f99ca31a2d3.jpgff0a0d76d63afbf2a63ea4ad1dcf0d60.jpg

• Like 1

Vinylguy

rmaynard

Looks nice. Must have been garage kept most of it's life. Original seat, minimal rust. I'd take it if it were available to me.

nhunt308

I have to wait until friday for my buddy to go back down to his place at the lake and if its still there its mine ( hes not advertising it for sale) so im hopeful..

Vinylguy

What Bob said. Very nice find. Hope you can snap it up.

pfrederi

Something doesn't look right with the motor.  Looks more like a B&S shroud than a Tecumseh H-60

Looks decent other wise...They are handy little tractors my 1967 ranger is my favorite horse

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

nhunt308

Did I read somewhere I lt might have a k161 in it?

nhunt308

Ok after Looking through manuals I guess not..

Geno

Here is my 68 lawn ranger, the motor does look different, mine is a Tecky, was there more than 1 type?  Also the brake clutch pedal is laying down. 

post-13404-0-25900700-1409690290_thumb.j

Edited by Geno

nhunt308

Almost looks like its missing the recoil and a cover? Is that possible?

Geno

That one looks like electric start but something is still not right. There's several wires hanging out near the deck handle too.  Here's a pic from the manual -

post-13404-0-97897600-1409691451_thumb.j

Edited by Geno

nhunt308

Ya its different thats for sure... looks to me like its been that way awhile though. The fade on the red matches the rest of the tractor

ol550

Looks like sometime in its life it got a paint job.  Would account for the reds looking the same.  99.9% sure its a Briggs

but nothing wrong with that if it was a good install.  Might be a little less hassle to keep it running over a Tecky.

Geno

If AMC sees that your hung.   :laughing-rolling:

Looks like sometime in its life it got a paint job.  Would account for the reds looking the same.  99.9% sure its a Briggs

but nothing wrong with that if it was a good install.  Might be a little less hassle to keep it running over a Tecky.

Edited by Geno

pfrederi

I know that having a Tecumseh is frowned upon around here...but my L107 starts quicker and is ready to work right away even in winter better than any of my  Kohlers. b The Tecumseh on my Troybilt tiller gets used 2 times per year and starts on the 2nd or third pull...

• Like 1

Geno

I have several Teckys on Horses, no problems so far.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Wayne

is that oil on the front axle? take a close look at the engine, it may have had a connecting rod eject. as for the tecumseh engine, i am removing a 5hp briggs and putting an h60 back in my 67.  not that i dislike the briggs, just the h60 is O.E.

nhunt308

Thanks Wayne! I just read your thread welcome to RS. Today is the day when I find out if I will be bringing this horse home. Hopefully its still sitting there waiting on me! And if it is it will be getting a complete tear down and rebuild..

Geno

:text-goodpost:   :text-woo: