Sign in to follow this  
Duff

Shades of things to come?

perry

i forgot about dryer sheets. one i remeber is golfers put one in there back pocket to repell pesty bees on the golf course :banghead: . bu ya, i herd they are good for mice also.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/dryersheets

linen beige

i forgot about dryer sheets. one i remeber is golfers put one in there back pocket to repell pesty bees on the golf course :banghead:

Does that soften up their backswing? :USA:

Sorry, back to the topic. Early this spring there were some snakes found on the playground at church/day care. And a chipmonk was digging ankle breaking holes in the mulch base. The day care girls put a bunch of mothballs in some plastic mesh bags and laid them along the fencerow around the playground. Despite being out in the weather for several months now, they still have some aroma and seem to have run all the pests away ('Cept fer the 'skeeters.) There is a storage shed just behind the playground and I was warned that mice would build nests in it. I haven't seen any so far.

Duff

Just one more quick observation....a few years back I used to play bass in a blue grass band (still do, but only as a fill-in - lack of time, not lack of love for making music!). Anyway, we did a lot of summertime gigs outdoors where the black flies and skeeters, especially in the evenings, were fierce. Another band turned us onto dryer sheets because bug spray can raise h*ll with the finish as well as getting really sticky on the necks of stringed instruments. Much to our surprise and relief, they worked great! Never would have believed it!

Duff :banghead:

Jim_M

I think with the dryer sheets you want the scented ones and not the un-scented ones. Something about the smell that keeps em away. I use scented sheets in my camper every winter. Smells nice in the spring as well :banghead: !

Mike............

Sparky's absolutely right. I didn't realize there were unscented ones, but you will want the scented one's as it's the smell that repels them.