Tim Bergfeld

What's it worth

Tim Bergfeld

Found this today what's it worth post-13453-140876810127_thumb.jpgpost-13453-140876811262_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-13453-14087681945_thumb.jpgpost-13453-140876820571_thumb.jpgpost-13453-140876821622_thumb.jpg

post-13453-140876826344_thumb.jpg

So that's all of them I will get the year tomorrow

• Like 1

ericj

the deck ain't worth much hope it mows better then it looks how many hrs on the onan i'd say in the $ 300.00 to $500.00 range

eric j

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:  Looks like they used marzipan to make them patches.   :) 

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

That's not a bad looking Horse but I had no idea that Dr. Frankenstein was a welder.

• Like 3

boovuc

It has the motion control on the column so it is a 1991 or newer. Looking at the decals, it is probably a 1991 or 1992.

No comment on value.

Ed Kennell

Must be some good paint holding those patches on the deck.  That pigeon poop poured around the edges surely isn't holding anything.

The tractor doesn't look bad, but the deck repair begs to question the quality of the tractor maintenance.

I would think $300-$400 if the engine starts easy and runs strong with no smoke or surging, and the tranny is strong. 

• Like 2

Tim Bergfeld

Ok so it is mine now I love free stuff

• Like 1

slammer302

Ive gotten some decks that looked worse than that and mowed nice and quiet one thing I've learned about these horses you can't judge a book buy its cover

• Like 2

Sean Keys

Cant beat FREE!!! :eusa-clap:

ericj

:text-+1:        :happy-partydance:

eric j

Ken B

Ive gotten some decks that looked worse than that and mowed nice and quiet one thing I've learned about these horses you can't judge a book buy its cover

Tim: You can't beat free!

I have a 48 inch deck that has been welded MANY times. (The repairs do look much nicer than the one above) In fact I need to weld another patch on it today. I keep this deck going because it cuts so friggin nice and it is as quiet as a church mouse! One of the things I will be looking for at this yrs. BIG SHOW is either a nice 48 inch deck or a nice 60 inch deck...

RMCIII

Tim;

You would be better off just giving that to me. It will be of no use to you and looks FAR TO BEAT UP, to be any good. I'll be by this weekend to take it off your hands. I'll even thow in $10.00 for finding it! :ychain:  :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:

Nice job Tim!

Rob

Tim Bergfeld

Lol

RMCIII

Still under the beliefe you just need to not even waste your time with it and I'll be by over the weekend to get it! :ychain:

• Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

I need a tiller and a two stage blower for it heard the two stage blowers are really great

Trouty56

If you find those 2 attachments free then I give up.....

• Like 2

Tim Bergfeld

Lol

Tim Bergfeld

d597968c0c051d7b6ec39894d3e4663a.jpg

I have an infiltration of grass in my hour meter but it still works

Tim Bergfeld

The seat on this thing felt loose so I checked it is tight but the rear one piece fenders rocks like it is loose anyone else see this am I in for a shock when I tear into this my 520 is tight so I know it is in just this unit

Bert

Wow thats a nice looking horse, the deck is kinda ugly but I've got a 42" rd that looked like scrap metal when I got it bout 8 years ago and it still cuts great.

I wouldn't be concerned with an ugly deck as long as it doesn't flex. Then some proper reinforcements may be in order but regardless I like it.

Bert

Loose fender pan may be from the rear section of the tunnel being cracked or broke, theres been some good posts on repairing this. 

If thats the problem its an easy fix but would require welding. 

Tim Bergfeld

Cool I have got a lot of welding time in on another mower so I feel pretty good now. I will tear into it tomorrow

Tim Bergfeld

Well that was a pretty uneventful easy fix under ten bucks and used a store credit I found in my wallet for that

Tim Bergfeld

5d3331ac2a211430a1ed027be15af2d2.jpg

This it the flat stock 1.5 inch by 1/8 inch welded on top of the frame of the work horse

afc4dd5d048ece8cd15039dde47678ac.jpg

Used stainless steel screws

34a22fd399a935c0861f747e1d1c6395.jpg

Just for kicks I wanted to try and see just how tough the frankendeck was it had just rained last night grass was a foot tall and never mowed only bushhogged

84e78257943519ad49c8d858da9ece4c.jpg

262a5195cbf48dae31acce5bddbce78f.jpg

Like a champ that Onan is a beast

Edited by Tim Bergfeld