Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

stevasaurus

FINAL WEEK RESULTS  # 14  WINNING TEAMS...NEBRASKA, INDIANA, ILLINOIS, OHIO ST., RUTGERS, WISCONSIN, MICHIGAN ST.

WITH 6 WINS AND 1 LOSS AND THIS WEEKS BRAGGING RIGHTS....STEVASAURUS  :)

5 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...JACKHAMMER, JIMD, SQUONK, HORSEFIXER

4 WINS AND 3 LOSSES...BRRLY1, RACINBOB, RMC III, BITTEN

3 WINS AND 4 LOSSES...HODGE

AJ THANATOS DID NOT PICK THIS WEEK  :eusa-think:

FINAL RESULTS 112 GAMES

83 WINS AND 29 LOSSES...STEVASAURUS  :bow-blue:

82 WINS AND 30 LOSSES...SQUONK

80 WINS AND 32 LOSSES...BRRLY1, JACKHAMMER

79 WINS AND 33 LOSSES...HORSEFIXER, HODGE

78 WINS AND 34 LOSSES...RMC III, BITTEN

77 WINS AND 35 LOSSES...THANATOS

76 WINS AND 36 LOSSES...RACINBOB, JIMD

• Like 2

JimD

I'll be working on a new line of designer donuts in the off season. Here's a couple samples. Let me know what ya think!

donut.jpg

20121101_inq_fd1fednut01z-e.JPG

Oh yea, almost forgot. Kudos to the Big Kahuna Saurus on your win. I was really pulling for squonk so I wouldn't have to listen to you for the next eight months. :ychain::ROTF:  Congrats Steve! :thumbs:

• Like 4

bitten

Sorry to you guys that picked Northwestern to win and then I come in and picked them.  I think for next year im going to get one of those Magic Eight Balls and try my luck that way. Can not be any worse then I did this year.

J.T. Barrett is out with a broken ankle and Im still going to pick The Ohio State Buckeyes to win vs Wisconson.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I want to say thank you to all that got in the pool this year.  It was great fun and a pleasure to be involved with a great group of guys...win or lose.  Lord only knows how it would have turned out, had a couple of guys not missed getting their picks in...kind of makes it a shallow victory.  As it was, Squonk and I went down to the wire on one of the last games of the season....Rutgers at Maryland.  I can only imagine Squonk watching a 25 point lead disappear in front of his eyes. I wish Mike and I were sitting together watching that game...I don't know...maybe Mike does not feel like that now...but it would have been fun.  :ychain:   Jim...you could not ask for a nicer guy to share doughnuts with.

HAH...Bitten picked Northwestern correctly only 2 times this year.  :teasing-wedgie:   Don't laugh...none of us were much better...I think I was 6/6 with them.

Iowa...it was a lot of fun going at it with John this year.

I know Michigan St. looked like the best team in the conference for the 1st 4 to 6 weks...and how about Minnesota (what a season they had).  In the end, it is Ohio St. playing Wisconsin for the Big Ten Championship...really...the 2 best teams...as it should be.

It was not easy picking Rutgers and Maryland this year...being their 1st year in the conference...they both played in bowls last year.

Nebraska...they are going to be good next year...they are on the way up...as are Indiana and Purdue.  The only real question in the conference is Michigan...they are close, but it is not the Michigan we are used to...I can only hope that Illinois gets a piece of them before they come back.  Penn St. is going to be another hard team to pick next year...as is Iowa.  I am already going to predict that Iowa will loose to Iowa St. again next year.  :ychain::)

Gentlemen...it was a real pleasure this year.  When you look at the stats...only 7 games separated the top from the doughnuts with 112 games to pick...not bad!!!  :)

• Like 1

jackhammer

I know Michigan St. looked like the best team in the conference for the 1st 4 to 6 weks...and how about Minnesota (what a season they had).  In the end, it is Ohio St. playing Wisconsin for the Big Ten Championship...really...the 2 best teams...as it should be

In regards to Michigan State and their first games ,,  Old Polish proverb dad always said,,"Birds that sh!+ fast don't sh!+ long" ..

The winner ,,,   Congratulations on a real decent year of picks Steve.   :text-bravo: Don't shortchange anything. Could have been you that missed your timing . 

See you in the SEC next year  better do 5 years of homework on them.  :techie-typing:

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

OH...one more bragging rights issue I have to deal with.....wait for it!!!   Illinois is going Bowling...Michigan gets to be at home watching the game.  Watch out for those cigar store Indians... :ychain::)   Who would have thought that???

• Like 5

Racinbob

Congrats Steve! :handgestures-thumbupright: Thanks for doing this pool. It's been fun, certainly a lot more fun than watching the Irish the last half of the season. I'm looking forward to the bowl game pool. Ya know sumthin? I think I actually won this thing. Have you seen Jims menu? Should we share with the dudes upstairs Jim?

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 4

stevasaurus

Bob...you are absolutely correct...it is much better to be in the basement with good people, then standing on the top with only one way to go.  :eusa-think:   I am much more comfortable in the basement then I am on the top.  I am out of my comfort zone. :)

• Like 2

Racinbob

I think you're worthy of the elite position Steve. Just knock on the basement door and we'll let you down. :)

Oh yeah. Hey AJ!!! Nice try in your attempt to get to the donuts but you under estimated the talent a couple of us have in picking the teams. :ychain:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

:orcs-cheers::ROTF: Now that is funny Bob.  Thanks Mate...a doughnut does sound pretty good...I can't think of 2 nicer people that I would want to do that with.  :)  We have to invite Bitten...I just want to know how he came to his decisions picking the Northwestern games all year. :)

I'll bet Jim has a password to get into the basement????  and maybe a finger print....:)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

JimD

I think you're onto something Bob. If this menu gets any better everybody will wanna be down here with us. This might turn into an episode of Hoarders next season. :ROTF:

Steve, no fingerprint or password. Don't even knock, just walk right in. Everyone's welcome. Been fun guys, but it's not quite over yet. We still have the Championship game to pick. :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

We could do the championship game...Mike could tie me.  I am OK with that.  Here is what I suggest...every one pick the game next Saturday and send their pick in a PM to JIMD...it would remain secret until he post the picks once everyone is in...OK with that??  :)

• Like 1

HorseFixer

The only real question in the conference is Michigan...they are close, but it is not the Michigan we are used to...I can only hope that Illinois gets a piece of them before they come back. 

:scratchead:  I would think that a team would want to win and beat another team when they are at their BEST but then there are some teams that can only win that way I guess.  :ychain:   Feeling good this year and thumping your chest over a win over Michigan when they are at their worst well if that makes a team feel good great!  :)   Ohio thanks for putting the final Nail in Brady's Coffin. :handgestures-thumbup:   Brady is a fine man I like him as a person, and he would make a good defensive Coordinator (If he would learn to wear a headset)  but he is way over his head as a head coach for the winningest team and largest stage in all of College Football. They have a lot of talent on the team, they will no doubt get a talented head coach that can develop these players into their full potential. Until then the lowly teams can have their fun enjoy it while you can.

Ohio Congratulation's on the win, It came at a cost however. Without your regular QB you will have a tuff time the rest of the season and from what I have heard it will be questionable for a final four consideration from what the announcers have said tonight.

Steve Congratulation's on the Top Picks I guess a Squirrel can find a nutt every now and then just ask Chuck.  :eusa-whistle:

• Like 1

squonk

Maryland needs to be kicked out of Div. 1 college football entirely! How do you lose a 25 pt. lead at home on the last day of the season? :omg:  Steve, I was on the road following the game. But if you and I were watching the game together, I would have been tossing furniture at you the entire 2nd half! I caught the end and couldn't believe it. Watched some highlites and it looked like Christian Ponder and Donovan Mcnabb were at QB with all the grounders. :rolleyes:  I did see that pass the Maryland guy caught with his feet and knees. Too bad it wasn't called right.

SINCE I now nothing about college football I can't complain about the results. My only regret is Iowa is done. Now Steve and Brrly might pick the same teams and take half the fun out of it. :)

New rule next year. Bitten needs to pick first so we know what teams will win!  :ychain:  :ychain:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

RMCIII

Steve - congratulations..... :woohoo:  :handgestures-thumbupright: . Sorry I did not make it to your place on Wednesday... We had a cat that just was not traveling well, so we went right to Oregon.

Had a grea time this year with everyone. Finished well below what I did last year. What a year to watch so very unexpected, should have lost teams win, and teams that should have won lose. When I watched Iowa allow Nebraska to go for 17 unanswered points, I knew that was history.

I just want to forget this season.We did have 3 teams that made it a respectable conference...But in my opinion it should have been more.,

Rob

• Like 1

jackhammer

Are we going to see you next year at Aj's Jamboree?? 

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Are we going to see you next year at Aj's Jamboree?? 

No but you may see Bo Pelini there from Nebraska! :hilarious:  These Coaches are dropping like Flies!  I guess a 9 win season just isnt good enough?    :dunno:

• Like 1

RMCIII

i was talking with Steve about that last week. Can you send me the dates?

Rob

• Like 2

stevasaurus

AJ's Jamboree details will be posted as soon as the information is available.

I know Ohio St. lost their 1/4 back, but I am still going with Ohio St. to win the Conference.  I think the conference needs Ohio St. to win this time.  :)

• Like 2

squonk

You know who I'm pickin!  :)  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

JimD

You know who I'm pickin!  :)  :eusa-think:

Northwestern? :scratchead:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

You know...I am going to change my pick to Wisconsin...I have been their fan for the last 3 years.   Like I said...let JimD know...the smart money picks Northwestern...Notre Dame...Iowa... :ychain:   :)

Racinbob

Crap! I've been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think up a good comeback to you including Notre Dame with Northwestern and Iowa and my mind is totally blank. I've fumbled around trying to think of something but this time my defensive instinct has failed to show up so if I try to throw something at you it would probably be intercepted and cause me even more damage. :teasing-tease:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

RacinBob...I love you man... :orcs-cheers:   I know the pain!!  :)

• Like 1

JimD

R-Bob you could remind Mr. Saurus that the Big Ten had to let Illinois play Northwestern in the last game of the season for bowl eligibility because there was nobody left either one of em could beat. Iowa, 7-5.. Illinois, 6-6. Notre Dame also 7-5.. More convincing than Illinois, who took their sister Northwestern to the prom last Saturday.. :ROTF::ychain:

• Like 4